Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

concerned about Riva pump wedge

I have over the last months bought the thru hull exhaust and the Riva stage 1. Apon reading here often I find mixed amotions about the wedge not working and at times casueing the boat to porpus among other thins. I have the PPG flat plate blockoffs from way back. Any suggestions on this matter and who has had great results versus not. Should i just sell the pump wedge and put the rest on..................I have a 04 RXP

+1
    Running a wedge is a matter of personal preference. The wedge works and will give you a guaranteed 1 mph. Some just don't like the way the ski rides with the wedge. My best advice is to run your ski with the wedge and see how you like it.

+1
    Get rid of those worthless PPG flat plate blockoffs and get the RE's or if you have to the Riva's.

Some skis do not porpoise after wedge install. Some like mine for instance, porpoised REAL BAD. it is a combination of wedge and removing opas. Try the wedge, if it porpoises, you can A: remove the wedge B: Buy PRO rivas or RE blockoffs and be done with it. I do agree it is a guarenteed 1 mph gain with the wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrotoys View Post
    Get rid of those worthless PPG flat plate blockoffs and get the RE's or if you have to the Riva's.
    At the time the PPG plates were put on, there wasnt anything else out.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    I have the same problem as RXPSteve......REALLY BAD porpoise. Guess I'll find out soon if the RE blockoffs work.....comooooon customs .

all said and done...i like the way it handles and rides. Personally, other than the first time I nailed it with the trim all the way up and "we have lift-off", I can't tell the difference. Until it starts to porpoise, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    I have the same problem as RXPSteve......REALLY BAD porpoise. Guess I'll find out soon if the RE blockoffs work.....comooooon customs .

all said and done...i like the way it handles and rides. Personally, other than the first time I nailed it with the trim all the way up and "we have lift-off", I can't tell the difference. Until it starts to porpoise, that is.
    The RE's will totally kill the porpoising. On mine it was night and day difference first ride out.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    The RE's will totally kill the porpoising. On mine it was night and day difference first ride out.
    Has anyone tried the Riva ones? Which is better if any. RXPstaeve, did you try the Riva or the RE's only. Obvoiusly if the RE's work right away ..there wouldnt be any reason to try the Rivas

+1
    The Rivas are a definate improvement, but they only cover half the OPAS opening due to IJSBA rules to make them race legal. The RE's extend the entire OPAS opening and are a huge improvement over the Rivas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    The Rivas are a definate improvement, but they only cover half the OPAS opening due to IJSBA rules to make them race legal. The RE's extend the entire OPAS opening and are a huge improvement over the Rivas.
    I thought the Riva's cover the entire opening for the OPAS are the RE's then better are there any picture of the difference??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information