03 GP1300R mods help!

I am newer to the forum and have been doing many searches about the gp1300r and getting added performance over stock. I would like to do some mods over the winter so i can take out the RXP's come spring. My question is what are some of the best speed mods for the buck? I cant dump $3,000 into mods at once. But i would like to seal the pump, reinforce the pump shoe, ride plate, intake grate, sponsons, prop, air filter, d-plate, etc the bolt on stuff. Where should i start and with what brand R&D, Riva, Jims speed plate?? thanks for any help

Steve, you better call the right # since I have your engine here. just as easy as we can speed it up we can slow it down
    let me know when your ready for MOD TIME

+1
    Since you dont have a budget just read the thread that reads "everyone please post one speed trick". There is a LOT of GOOD information there. Sponsons are not a big deal. Start with the free mods. Spend a LOT of time on the bottom side of the ski. Bolting things on your ski doesnt make it faster. Its the attention to detail that make a ski faster. Just my .02

hey thanks carl. How is the engine coming? Carl what do you suggest? I read through the threads and everyone is bolting something on to get a little more speed. Before spring i would like to do a few mods to include the d-plate, intake grate, ride plate, reinforce pump housing, what else would you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by smitch022002 View Post
    I cant dump $3,000 into mods at once. But i would like to seal the pump, reinforce the pump tunnel, ride plate, intake grate, sponsons, prop, air filter, d-plate, etc the bolt on stuff. Where should i start and with what brand R&D, Riva, Jims speed plate?? thanks for any help
    Step your stock sponsons,
    with d-plate and air filter you will probably need an EFI controller (if not now soon enough)
    R&D plates are a little easier to mod.
    I've heard nothing but good about Jims or Carls plates (or if your able you can do it yourself)
    Intake grate is good for safety reasons 1200 grate is good for all around and 800 is better for top speed.
    You have a pretty good start on your list. When thats done there is another list thats just as long to start on. Then another list after that list. Just keep searching, almost everything you could want to know about gprs is on the forum somewhere if you look hard enough to find it.
    Last edited by porksword; 02-01-2007 at 09:21 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smitch022002 View Post
    hey thanks carl. How is the engine coming? Carl what do you suggest? I read through the threads and everyone is bolting something on to get a little more speed. Before spring i would like to do a few mods to include the d-plate, intake grate, ride plate, reinforce pump housing, what else would you suggest?
    All good info from everyone.

Carl has been around longer than most. He definately will not steer you wrong.

Steve, you probably tripped over parts just laying around the shop to get that GPR flying. got a ton of stuff here used ( budget ). plates, grates, impellers, 1600cc motor( woops shhhh...) well work something out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ISLANDRACING View Post
    Steve, you probably tripped over parts just laying around the shop to get that GPR flying. got a ton of stuff here used ( budget ). plates, grates, impellers, 1600cc motor( woops shhhh...) well work something out.
    BUSTED !!!! now tell us about the 1600......pretty please with sugar on top...

Thread Information