Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Loss of rpms!!! 7400 max hitting please help!! Anyone?

I have a 04 rxp just bought an x charger of a highly rated guy on here (thanks again to him) 42 lb injectors and bought a prop 15/20 that was tuned by speedfreaks for a newer rxpx. Dont know if this problem becase of the prop or what..anyone have any ideas to get the rpms up to about 8000 8100 any help would be great thanks again!!

+1
    What speed are you running? That will help determine if your prop pitch is too steep..
    Check for boost leaks and put a set of fresh plugs in. It might be worth trying your stock prop to see where you are at.. If you are on the limiter with the stocker, then the problem is with your new prop..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcameronrxp View Post
    I have a 04 rxp just bought an x charger of a highly rated guy on here (thanks again to him) 42 lb injectors and bought a prop 15/20 that was tuned by speedfreaks for a newer rxpx. Dont know if this problem becase of the prop or what..anyone have any ideas to get the rpms up to about 8000 8100 any help would be great thanks again!!
    What other mods do you have? Are you running the stock air intake?
    I had exctly the same setup on an 04 and it would turn only 7700rpm. Only difference was a riva air intake.

Now i added a fizzle external intercooler , rrfpr, and riva rear exhaust and it now turns 8100 rpm and 72 mph.

Your over proped, you cant get enough rpms to get enough boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    what speed are you running? That will help determine if your prop pitch is too steep..
    Check for boost leaks and put a set of fresh plugs in. It might be worth trying your stock prop to see where you are at.. If you are on the limiter with the stocker, then the problem is with your new prop..
    no intake yet hitting 70mph nothing more only other thing i put in is riva intake grate..<--nothing special i know..

+1
    Yes stock intake when the ski was stock i was hitting 70 at 8150 rpms...wtf all this money and same speed any ideas?

+1
    Firstly, you are going by the speedo reading of 70mph. The speedo only reads to 70mph, and it is very innaccurate. You need to check your speed with a GPS.
    You probably have too much prop. Especially if it has had pitch added to it. You need to pull the prop and take a look. It should be clear to see which way it has been bent.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Firstly, you are going by the speedo reading of 70mph. The speedo only reads to 70mph, and it is very innaccurate. You need to check your speed with a GPS.
    You probably have too much prop. Especially if it has had pitch added to it. You need to pull the prop and take a look. It should be clear to see which way it has been bent.
    ahh didn't know that...sorry new to the seadoo game....im gonna pull the prop tomm and swap with stock and run it to see if i bounce limiter..thanks for the help...any other ideas intake, wedge kit?

+1
    With the stock prop you will be on the limiter. Like monaroman said get a gps before you start pitching the prop. But your rpms are too low. If you are running the stock air swap it out for a 4". That should get you another 100 - 150 rpm.

+1
    Hey, thanks for the purchase of the X charger and 42Lb injectors.

Several things play into it, but definitely seems that you probably have a to tall of a prop in there.

First not knowing the prop that you have which has been worked would be my first guess. Speedfreaks does good work and setup myine in the past for my RXT, but you have to know the pitch of that thing. For an RXP with X charger, 4" air intake, external intercooler, intake grate, freeflow exhaust, typically a stock untouched 15/20 should be what you want, which really when measured it typically about a 14/19.

These will also play into your setup.
    What A/F numbers are you showing at idle, mid, and wide open throttle, on your air to fuel gauge?
    What air intake do you have?
    What intercooler are you running?
    What intake grate are you running?
    What exhaust setup do you have?

+1
    Ok so got the winning numbers. Phone gps 69.5 gonna run a fizzle intake riva intake grate and stock exhaust for right now. Speed freaks said to do a couple passes with no pipe on sc did that hit about. 7550

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information