Thread: Kaw 750ss

Kaw 750ss

Ski runs great on hose just rebuilt carb. Once I put ski in test pond ski wont rev up and acts like its loosing spark or in limp mode. Anyone have any thoughts?

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    So. Cal.
    I had a 750SS and the issues with it were:

Empty the fuel tank. Pull the fuel pick-up from the tank and check it out. The return line and others may be restricted and/or plugged. The usual cause is the plastic chrome that is on the plastic pick up/return distribution cap. Clean all of this up as best as you can and you also may find a filter down in there. Replace the pies and tubes as needed.

Then check the inline filter/seperator and make sure it is clear/clean and the cap seal is good.

Lastly check your carb again, compression good? Plugs? No head gasket issues? Should be around 150 psi per hole but I have seen them run good down much lower as long as they are withing 10% +/- of eachother.

There is also a deal on the front left side of these motors that looks like a choke set-up. This was to drain water from the bottom end. They make a block-off for this. Get one if you can. Any ways this MUST be kept so it does not leak air into the bottom end as this will cause a lean condition and cook a piston.

Carb tuning is best done in the water as the rpms are different when prop pulling water.

Let us know what you find and good luck.

Thread Information