01 gpr 1200 bogging issues

My friend was complaining about check engine light coming on and ski not going over 10 mpr. I replaced the cat which was completly gone, replaced it with a d-plate,and the power valves quit working. So ichecked servo motor like i should, and to find out its bad. Replaced with new one went and test rode ski ran for like 3 minutes, ran good but still doing the same thing with a hand full of throttle and only going about 10 mpr with 2500 rpms big loss of power with throttle pinned. Checked compression 120 120 120 and i even took the head off to double check everything is good there. Also he has his water temp sensor off the exhaust still hooked up and zip tied to a plug wire, can someone please tell me why you would do this. Carbs are good too so thats not the problem. Pump and impeller are good too.NEED HELP

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    +1
    What psi do you have the carb pop-off preasure set too. When you say the carbs are good what do you mean? Also did you perform a leak down test? The powervalve motor was bad but did you check that the valves are clean and not sticking?

Quote Originally Posted by FZR76 View Post
    My friend was complaining about check engine light coming on and ski not going over 10 mpr. I replaced the cat which was completly gone, replaced it with a d-plate,and the power valves quit working. So ichecked servo motor like i should, and to find out its bad. Replaced with new one went and test rode ski ran for like 3 minutes, ran good but still doing the same thing with a hand full of throttle and only going about 10 mpr with 2500 rpms big loss of power with throttle pinned. Checked compression 120 120 120 and i even took the head off to double check everything is good there. Also he has his water temp sensor off the exhaust still hooked up and zip tied to a plug wire, can someone please tell me why you would do this. Carbs are good too so thats not the problem. Pump and impeller are good too.NEED HELP
    The water temp sensor has to be bypassed when you remove the cat.

I'd replace the fuel filter and double check the power valves.

+1
    maybe a power valve is stuck...

Thread Information