Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Unbelievable response

I saw a photo of someone surf jumping a Sea Doo on Facebook and everyone was sharing the photo or one of the others in her set with praise for how great they are. Well in the photos with the ski several feet in the air in most pictures she was not wearing anything other than a wetsuit. I made a comment about how safety should be a concern and as a whole with the recent high number of injuries and even some deaths by experienced riders and racers we should try to start promoting safety more. Well this was her reply to me. I am shocked at the way she tries to justify not wearing anything. She states that she does not wear a vest because she may fall off and have to swim to the ski before it crashes into the bridge ske is skiing near for the photographers. Well if no one is there to save her ski I must believe that no one is there if she gets knocked out to save her. Here is her direct and complete reply. It was posted publically so I guess it is ok to quote her here.
    "to the gentleman above, i do use life jacket if i do race and if i go when sea is rough..this photo been taken last week hot summer smooth waves over 5ft not an agressive sea and easy land and taken off for make ski vertical...most my jumps... are vertical and do you know if you go a wave 6ft with full throttle and if make ski vertical how you will land?? the ski disappears full inside sea you have seconds to submerge...if you have helmet you have risk of injurry of water and heavy ski drop impact...if life jacket worn if a hidden wave taken your ski and takes you apart you have to swim fast away for not to hit by it or dive in water to get away...this is a heavy ski not a stand up.....i do respect others advices and suggestions but the way i ride if time and place not suit i do not wear and if it is i do..(i ski very close to a bridge where people stand take photos i need to swim fast to get ski if taken a part before crashes the bridge)....and i am telling this from my own experience so yes i promote the sport ...it is an extreme sport and what i do is extreme push the ski limits put vertical over high waves so yes risks and whatever equipment worn in this kind sport you will have the risks..it is my risk and i take it so appreciated if you respect...."

"If you go a wave 6 ft with full throttle" How is this safe to do without even a life vest.
    Someone please explain to me how I am incorrect in believing it is safer wearing safety gear. "appreciated if you respect" I am sorry I feel I do not need to respect someone promoting riding that way with no safety gear on. Am I wrong and should just respect that she can do this without any gear and she has not died yet?

+1
    You can't fix stupid bro! You know this.

+1
    I just let people wear what they want... and I do the same. If someone asks why I wear a certain piece of gear, I will take the time to explain.

Same thing with motorcycles... Typically, the problem with safety gear is the more you use- the more uncomfortable it gets.

That stuff should all be a personal choice- just like seat belts. Child safety aside...

+1
    I saw the saw the same shit and was suprised to see her that high in the air on a 1000lb watercraft without a jacket. To each their own and it goes back to natural selection IMO..

+1
    just where is the link for these pics ?????

+1
    That's like those riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
    You can't fix stupid...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    That's like those riding a motorcycle without a helmet.
    You can't fix stupid...
    Lot of stupid people riding around on motorcycles in Fl, huh?

There's a lot of people out there who would say that anyone who rides a motorcycle at all is stupid... or a jet ski for that matter.

Guess my point is do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Banned User
    +1
    Likely some new nominee's for this years Darwin Award

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    Likely some new nominee's for this years Darwin Award
    Eh, we gotta get rid of them somehow...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman View Post
    Eh, we gotta get rid of them somehow...
    That's right.....let nature take it's course. Who are we to "warn" those that shouldn't be warned. If they take a rogue wave, and drown-that's sad.
    But, if that same person who wouldn't wear a vest, now drives their 2 ton SUV while texting, and takes out an entire family, who's to blame there. I say let them have their cake!!!!
    As Mark said; You can't fix stupid.....

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information