+1

topped out my rxp today

well like i know ive heard that u arent supposed 2 break in the rxp w/ the white key but the dealer and my friend who has owned a few rxp and owns a jetski shop both said i should do(probly cuz i blew the motor in my stock used 99 yamaha 800gp ) and finally after ridin w/ that white key for ten long hours, today i got the yellow after convincing my dad i did indeed have ten hours on it lol and i have to say i love it lol. Like i rode my friend Andy's rxp last year and it was cool, but today i have never gone so fast lol it scared the crap out of me goin like 65mph across chop lol. then i met up with Andy and we raced alot . like the only thing he has done 2 his that i know of was put that air filter in it to give him that extra 150rpms. like he beat me a lot since i em still not used 2 racing at the speed of an rxp but i caught on pretty quick and plus he weighs like 80 pounds more so once i was gettin the hang of it i could take him or it'd be really close. i was thinkin about buyin the stage 1 kit for the rxp or just puttin a few mods on it. ne 1 got ne suggestions for simple mods? like i noticed in rough i bounced alot and i weigh bout 130 so is there ne thing i can do 2 help that? like with mods or just some tips.

+1
    The RXP really hauls some ass! Be careful out there on that thing!!

As far as mods, take the OPAS off, install a Riva Grate, have your stock impeller reptiched to a 12/19.5, or put a PPG pitched Solas impeller on it and a air intake then you will really be flying!

I can tell ya that I have been very weary about mods until recently. I think you will be impressed with a level one like Hulk stated. I cannot believe the difference in acceleration from stock to a level one. I have a Riva level one with a 2 degree pump wedge and just can't say anything negative about it!! If you are tall, I would look into the finger throttle extentions also.

+1
    ok cool thanks for the help guess i need to work hard this summer for some cash lol. oh yea i have a question like racing on rough what is the best trim setting? because i had it set bout 2 above normal and while racing my friend Andy, i shot out of the hole quicker than him but i came out bouncing twice so i lost the lead i had and it was a pain tryin 2 pass him lol since he likes to ride close to you and try and spray you for the fun of it. you know im waitin for him to just blow that bucket off his rxp lol like the first day he got 1 last year i had a 99 yamaha 800gp and i was ridin with him and he goes hey Scott check this out and hits me with that bucket and the whole ride back it suckedbecause i couldnt out run him and so the only thing i could do it just try and avoid him lol and even now he still tries to do it but least this time i can get away quick lol and with some mods he wont be able to caught me lol. well ne ways i was thinkin bout buyin the riva top loader intake grate and the riva pump wedge since thats like all i can afford. well i guess ill talk to you all later

Thread Information