Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2002 Polarirs Virage TX with 800 DI wont start, and cranks without lanyard in place?

My Polaris has 45 hours and only ran a few times without problems. It would crank and run fine sometimes. Then crank and no start. Now it will crank even without the lanyard in place. Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    My Polaris has 45 hours and only ran a few times without problems. It would crank and run fine sometimes. Then crank and no start. Now it will crank even without the lanyard in place. Any Ideas?
    When you say "crank" you mean it starts up with the lanyard out? If so, sounds like you have a bad lanyard switch or a bad start/stop module. I would check the switch with a meter first to verify its working.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like the Start/Stop LR module may have failed.

See my signature links for info on how to bypass the LR Start/Stop module for testing.

I jumped the connector like you said and it did start right away. On a hunch i plugged the LR-503 back in and it started okay as well. I will take it to the lake again as soon as I can and see how it does! Any other Ideas to check?

+1
    I jumped the connector like you said and it did start right away.

On a hunch i plugged the LR-503 back in and it started okay as well.

I will take it to the lake again as soon as I can and see how it does! Any other Ideas to check?
    Say what?

What exactly did you 'jump'?

And why would it now work OK with the 503 module reconnected?

The connector black wire to the black wire with white stripe!

I jumped the connector how you said, black wire to the black/white wire. It started. then I hooked the module back up and it started.

took it to the lake and it would try to start but wouldn't run.

took it back home and checked fuel pressure. none. I then grounded out the brown wire and the fuel pump came on. I tried to start it with the brown wire jumped, had 30 psi but it still wouldnt start.

I put a little fuel in the throttle body and it started until that fuel ran out. I cranked it without the brown wire grounded and felt the fuel pump to see if it was running. I didnt feel any vibrations from fuel pump.

The wiring diagram says that on the 40 pin connector on the EMM that number 40 brown wire is the fuel pump control. The crazy part is that sometimes it would start up and run and other times it just cranks and wont start.

Is there anyway to check the EMM or is there something else that I should check?

Your help has been appreciated and I am running out of patience with this one.

Also do you happen to know the part number for the EMM? 2002 polaris virage I with the 800DI engine.

+1
    If the Start/Stop module s intermittent then let's leave it bypassed for the time being.

If the engine behaves itself with the Start/Stop module bypassed then get a replacement. These modules don't self repair. If it is not reliable it is no good.

Retest with the module bypassed.

What all does the LR-503 control? I did retest with module by-passed. still no start

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    What all does the LR-503 control? I did retest with module by-passed. still no start
    It takes the single start/stop button and determines what to do based on if the engine is running or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information