Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Terrible first experience tow rope stuck in RXT

I had the worse first experience owning my Sea Doo's. I've only had them for a week and unfortunately got the tow rope stuck into the impeller. The battery in my 2008 for some reason was dead and I had to tow my uncle in and all he had to do was throw the rope near me so I could tie it to the back and tow him he ties his end loose it comes off and is sucked right into my brand new 2012 RXT 260. I'm hearing different things on this board and others that it's not that big of a deal. How hard is it for the tow rope to actually damage something as far as bending the drive shaft and impeller. You guys think I'll be fine once the rope is cut out or removed? I'm just really worried I have less that 5 minutes on the ski and there's already a problem. Not only did he do that he floats into a dock and instead of getting off the ski sits on the 2008 while the dock just mashes the hell out of the side of the ski. So a once in clean like new condition ski is a like new ski on the left and a scuffed up sticker scarred machine. I'm very meticulous with my things and I like them to be in great condition. To say the least I went crazy on him in front of my family and now everyone is scared to go out in the future. Let me know what you guys think about the tow rope.

+1
    I saw the same (rope) thing happen to my nephew. Result: 10 minutes of rope cutting carnage, never to be an issue again - ski ran great w/never a shaft, prop, or ring problem.

+1
    I really hope that is the case man. I don't know about most people but I have enough money to make my payment as far as repairs on something that's new well I don't have that kind of money lol. Sad things I didn't even get to ride and unleash the beasts.

+1
    did the same to my wifes 2011 wake pro 215. took a while to cut it out and had a small crack in the plastic pump shoe, but filled it with epoxy and has been fine for the last 50 hours on the ski.

It should be fine

+1
    On the heels of Madmike above, be sure get up close and personal of the area (post rope removal) and inspect with your hands, eyes, and flashlight. But, again, chance are you're going to be good...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by djohnson44 View Post
    I had the worse first experience owning my Sea Doo's. I've only had them for a week and unfortunately got the tow rope stuck into the impeller. The battery in my 2008 for some reason was dead and I had to tow my uncle in and all he had to do was throw the rope near me so I could tie it to the back and tow him he ties his end loose it comes off and is sucked right into my brand new 2012 RXT 260. I'm hearing different things on this board and others that it's not that big of a deal. How hard is it for the tow rope to actually damage something as far as bending the drive shaft and impeller. You guys think I'll be fine once the rope is cut out or removed? I'm just really worried I have less that 5 minutes on the ski and there's already a problem. Not only did he do that he floats into a dock and instead of getting off the ski sits on the 2008 while the dock just mashes the hell out of the side of the ski. So a once in clean like new condition ski is a like new ski on the left and a scuffed up sticker scarred machine. I'm very meticulous with my things and I like them to be in great condition. To say the least I went crazy on him in front of my family and now everyone is scared to go out in the future. Let me know what you guys think about the tow rope.
    Wow, hope all is well. I would have blown a gasket myself on a 5 minute old ski

+1
    Friends dont let friends ride their skis.

You should be ok just cut the rope off and check with flashlight underneath for things. If you have aconcern about something take a picture and post it up. Someoen will help you.

Enjoy the skis

+1
    Been there....Just pull your pump, cut the rope off the drive shaft and you're good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40945_481962005557_6424533_n.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	279311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40945_481962010557_5580251_n.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	279312

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Been there....Just pull your pump, cut the rope off the drive shaft and you're good to go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40945_481962005557_6424533_n.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	279311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	40945_481962010557_5580251_n.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	279312
    Thanks for the picture we got the rope out seems like all of it came out started it up to see if anything was out of ordinary seems fine taking to the lake Sunday we will really know then.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1pwr View Post
    Wow, hope all is well. I would have blown a gasket myself on a 5 minute old ski
    Thanks and may I add everyone is great on this forum real helpful and cool people. I honestly did I disrupted the whole lake with my cussing and 10 minute tirade of how stupid it was for him to get the rope stuck in the ski. I truthfully thought something major was wrong as my luck isn't the greatest. Back story to this on the way to the lake my uncles trailer tire for his boat blew out as well. Everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information