+1

2012 FX SHO Performance Options

I have a 2012 FX SHO and looking at some different performance options.

I have removed the extended exhaust baffle. At this point, I do not see a reason to delete the ribbon since I think I am already into the rev limter. I do not race the ski and I do not want to go too crazy.
    With a GPS, the ski races up to 65.7 mph (full tank of fuel, 190 pound rider, light chop, fresh water, 95 degrees, 7,500 rpm). I am guessing that I am into the rev limiter at this point.

If I want more top speed, is it better to re-pitch to bring down the rpms or to get the computer re-done to raise the rev limiter (R&D R1 or R3). Is the any power to be made on a stock ski above 7,500 rpm?
    Which one will give you more bang for the buck.

Thanks,

Phillip

+1
    R 1 would be great choice, up the rev limiter safely and add some fuel for that, which in return gives you just enough top speed, get that ride plate to Jim from jims performance for some extra MPH

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillipL View Post
    I have a 2012 FX SHO and looking at some different performance options.

I have removed the extended exhaust baffle. At this point, I do not see a reason to delete the ribbon since I think I am already into the rev limter. I do not race the ski and I do not want to go too crazy.
    With a GPS, the ski races up to 65.7 mph (full tank of fuel, 190 pound rider, light chop, fresh water, 95 degrees, 7,500 rpm). I am guessing that I am into the rev limiter at this point.

If I want more top speed, is it better to re-pitch to bring down the rpms or to get the computer re-done to raise the rev limiter (R&D R1 or R3). Is the any power to be made on a stock ski above 7,500 rpm?
    Which one will give you more bang for the buck.

Thanks,

Phillip
    Rev limiter is 7700. Your not on the limiter at 7500 RPMs. If your going to tune the ski pick up a tach so that you can get an accurate picture of where your at and what you need to do. Get that ribbon out next. It makes a big difference.

You have to remember this is a 140 inch Hull; you are dragging alot of Hull thru the water and the same Mod done on an FZS/R will yield a much better result (due to the smaller hull). I think you need to define a specific goal that you want to achieve and then go from there. But I do think that if you want to get this Ski over 70 mph you are going to have to dig into the Supercharger and the ECU . . . just my gut feel. JB

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    You have to remember this is a 140 inch Hull; you are dragging alot of Hull thru the water and the same Mod done on an FZS/R will yield a much better result (due to the smaller hull). I think you need to define a specific goal that you want to achieve and then go from there. But I do think that if you want to get this Ski over 70 mph you are going to have to dig into the Supercharger and the ECU . . . just my gut feel. JB
    not really. passing 70mph is real easy on this ski. all it takes is a good ride plate,intake,exhaust, and the stock prop re-pitched. i've seen 73-74mph with these mods.

+1
    I'd go with a repitch of the stock prop to see how closely you can get to 77.
    But first, It's been my experience that replacement AM propping is best done once you decide & install exactly which sporting mods you're going with. If it were me I'd do everything that supports increasing intake and exhaust flow (AM exhaust ribbon delete, flo-rites, intake tube delete (w/ two added vents?) but that's assuming no large ocean swell riding), and then the the R3 or R1 reflash and finally tune with an guage, check your AFR and then look at tweking the stick prop.

Thread Information