Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP P1520 code. NEED HELP

Hey guys,

Have a friend with a 2007 RXP 155. Ski only has 46hrs on it. Has ran great, did a oil change and it ran fine all weekend. Sunday at the end of the day it beeps, goes into limp mode and flashes OIL P1520. Restart it and it goes away. It will idle all day, but as soon as you run a steady 3500+ RPM's it comes back on.

Did alot of reading on here, seems the switches can be faulty. Just put a brand new rear switch (the one of the rear of the engine). Same thing.

Oil level is perfect. What gives??

Im thinking maybe the new switch is junk? Is there a way to bypass the switch (ground the wire or hook voltage to it?) to test and if it runs out good then its def the sensor??

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance!!

The sensor We just replaced was the one on the side of the engine under the Filter housing.

Where is the other one located on a 07 model?

Can someone give me an idea on how to test oil pressure? IE where to hook up the guage, size of fitting needed to fit the threads etc..

+1
    Whats your oil level at? I bet it is a bit low and going into limp mode. Add some oil. If you are at the bottom bend of the stick it will happen.

Oil level is perfect. Right at the full mark. Checked and double checked with the ski perfectly level...

There is only one switch on the '07 models. The switch goes off anywhere between 26 and 32 PSI, so they spec a minimum of 33 PSI at hot idle. You need to measure oil pressure to know what you have.

You can either measure at the switch, or at the head. It is much easier to measure it at the head. Look at the manual, it shows where the pipe plug is located, it is at the lower right side of the head as you are facing the back of the engine. You need a 1/8" pipe adapter to screw into the head port.

oil presure regulator stuck open , check oil pressure first to change have to raise engine its in the pto cover on the bottom of engine , it has a piston cup and 2 springs

Ok thanks for the tips guys. I will try to get an oil pressure guage and check it out!! im hoping its not the regulator stuck open!! What a PITA

Ok I got a oil PSI guage and hooked it up to the port where the oil pressure sensor goes, grounded the sensor. Im getting a reading of 97PSI and idle. So it cant be low oil pressure...

Just reinstalled the new oil psi sensor, and tested oil psi off the head plug. Let it run on the hose for a couple minutes, PSI dropped to about 90psi.

From reading the other oil psi related posts I could find... This seems quite high. But from what I understand, if the oil pressure regulator is stuck, it would cause low psi not high?

So if SeaDood stated correct, and there is only 1 oil psi switch, there is no other switch to replace. Which I was hoping it was one of the 2 switches I have read about..lol

Can anyone point me in the in the right direction as to what to check next? Im assuming another sensor is throwing the 1520 code do due EXCESSIVE oil pressure? And there's no chance I got a "new" faulty oil psi sensor from the dealer??

+1
    Sensor checks for too high oil pressure as well as too low ... checks for too high pressure above 3500 rpm. The pressure regulators can stick 'open' or 'closed', and either too high pressure or too low pressure will cause the sensor to throw the code and put the ski in limp mode. Since you have measured such high pressure, I think it is the oil pressure regulator, not the sensor. I would replace the oil pressure regulator.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information