Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How quickly should the water separator fill???

I drained the seperator and tried to turn motor over to fill the tank and seemed like nothing came out.

is it clogged? also doe sa freedom have an eletric pump?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Only the fuel injected machines have electric fuel pumps.

All carburetor engines have crankcase pulse hose powered fuel pumps.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Only the fuel injected machines have electric fuel pumps.

All carburetor engines have crankcase pulse hose powered fuel pumps.
    so if i dump this out completely how quickly should it refill?

i dumped it and started cranking on it and it barely see any fuel. and fuel from the jet looked like it barely fell out

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
    so if i dump this out completely how quickly should it refill?

i dumped it and started cranking on it and it barely see any fuel. and fuel from the jet looked like it barely fell out
    The fuel pump is powered via pressure pulses from the crankcase. Make sure you have good compression and good reeds in the cylinder that powers the fuel pump.

If the pump is getting strong pulses then the next thing to check is air tightness of everything from the fuel pump back to the tank. The fuel system is under suction from the fuel pump so any air leaks will cause the fuel to not flow properly.

Common places for air leaks INTO the fuel supply system;
    Every hose connection. Make sure the hoses are in good condition, properly clamped but not over tightened. Replace any old gray Tempo brand fuel hoses. Trim hose ends and examine nipple fittings for roughness before reconnecting.

Fuel/Water separator bowl seal. Must be 100% air tight. Replace damaged seals.

Fuel filter. If present, must be in good shape. Use OEM type filter, not paper filter. Confirm no cracks and proper hose sealing.

Fuel selector valve. On, off, Reserve valve. There is an o-ring inside that can age and create air leaks. The valve can be disassembled, cleaned and rebuilt with new o-rings, lightly greased. Or replace with new.

Fuel sender in tank. Ensure fuel hose connection to sender is perfect. Verify that mild suction on fuel supply fitting provides fuel without bubbles. Air bubbles anywhere in the fuel supply lines mean there is an air leak somewhere.

5. +1 by:

how much pulse pressure or pressure to the system is there supposed to be?

i have hooked up a gauge to the pulse pressure and it is getting some (hard to read exactly on a 30psi boost gauge)

i removed the fuel lines and i am getting fuel through the system with no clogging.

ok in the process of trying to test all parts, i had the pulse line start spitting up fuel, it must be flooded pretty bad,

i'm still surpised it wouldnt try to start or atleast bog down some ...

whats the best way to remove the fuel ? given i would be turning it over with no fuel but oil should go into the cylinders correct?

wondering if it has been my issue but its a learning process i guess. i swear i had no spark on the water and then of course i get home and its sparking just fine, go figure,
    /

+1
    Liquid in the pulse hose will weaken the signal to the fuel pump.Drain the hose. Make sure there is no liquid in the pulse side of the fuel pump. If the diaphragm inside the fuel pump is suspect or damaged, replace it.

There are crankcase drain plugs way down low on the side of the crank case. On red domestic engines the crankcase drains are below the carbs/intake manifold. On blue Fuji engines the crankcase drains are below the exhaust manifold. Hard to get to in all cases.

Cap off the pulse fittings from the crankcase and see if you can get it started. If yes, rev it up some and it should burn off the excess fuel from the crankcase. Don't over do it, you do not want a huge slug of liquid fuel thrown into the combustion chamber. Liquid does not compress.

Be careful of over revving and promptly kill the engine if it 'runs away'.

Other than the crankcase drain plugs, an alternative is to remove the carbs and intake manifold and extract or drain the excess liquid via the intake openings.

i am taking it over to my cousins house this weekend, i think i am looking past the real issue, sometimes its just another set of eyes.

well i hope

ok, i took it over to my cousins and he was also puzzled, after towing it to his house i could again not get spark.

i started to think the CDI but it is sending a signal to the COIL , i hooked up a LED strip to show signal while cranking but that doesnt show how much power going
    to the coil. i am also wondering if the stator/magneto is not sending enough voltage. is this possible???

how can i test the stator and the CDI without it running.

OR HELL,,, anyone around Lawrence Kansas????

+1
    What kind of ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information