Angry Dash cluster & ecu not working. Need help & advice.

Ok I have a rxp with some mod's done to it & near the end of last summer one of my spark plugs blew out & left the metal hook in the bottom (nothing got on the piston). I personally could not get it out & I am a very busy person, so I took it to a sea doo dealer & repair shop. They got it out, but now the dash cluster & my ecu will not register. I have a rotax racing ecu. I was told they reprogramed it to set the key to my ski (wich I didn't have that done before, I could use any key). Now they had me pick the ski up today & said my ski has to many mods done to it & they dont want to further with the project. I am just so Psst Off rite now I dont know were to start or what to do. I hope this makes sense maybe someone could point me in the rite direction.

Anybody?
    I really think the f'n dealer screwed my ecu up & I need to buy another one, but was really just see'n if anyone else has seen something like this happen or heard about this happen before to point me in the rite direction.
    So I think I am going to start by buying a new rotax racing ecu, if that fails then try a new harness, if that still fails a new dash cluster. If that still all fails I am throwing the ski off a cliff...........

Not 100 percent sure but think they may have screwed up our ecu when they connected it to Buds. The fact they do not want to work on it further due to "mods" would lead me to believe they knew they messed that up.

The Rotax Racing ECU's will not even respond to BUDS, so there is no way to screw it up. They are not telling you the truth about the key, as there is no way to program a key because the software doesn't exist in the RR ECU's.

Ok cool thanks guys for the input, I hate to do it but I can not find anybody who can look into my ecu & I think I am going to have to buy a new ecu. Probably going to order a new rotax tonight or tomorrow. If the new ecu fix's the issue I think I am going to take this bs shop to small claims court then.

I have also been doing some research on the rotax ecu's. I am wondering if my rotax ecu can be re-flashed or should I just buy a new one? If it can be re-flashed were could I send it & about how much does that cost to have happen?

Thread Information