95 seadoo xp wont run

hi, i got a 95 xp with the 718 2 stroke, we rebulit the engine new pistons honed cylinders, all new seals, rebiult the carbs, but it does not seem to want to fire you can see lots of fuel splashin up on the flame arrestor and we marked the reed valve timing so its on the same spot it came off of, have tried adjusting the carbs, does not even seem to even want to run with ether down the carbs, lots of good spark, could i be missing something??? everything was back where it came from, im just runnin out of ideas what to check

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fast_times View Post
    hi, i got a 95 xp with the 718 2 stroke, we rebulit the engine new pistons honed cylinders, all new seals, rebiult the carbs, but it does not seem to want to fire you can see lots of fuel splashin up on the flame arrestor and we marked the reed valve timing so its on the same spot it came off of, have tried adjusting the carbs, does not even seem to even want to run with ether down the carbs, lots of good spark, could i be missing something??? everything was back where it came from, im just runnin out of ideas what to check
    ground, fuses, fuel lines reversed to name a few...lets start there

Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    ground, fuses, fuel lines reversed to name a few...lets start there
    Well the spark is good so electrical Is not the issue right and what do you mean reversed fuel lines like there is lots of fuel it's splashing on the flame arrestir but the plugs don't seem soaked like they shoul be you would think

>>>> you can see lots of fuel splashin up on the flame arrestor <<<<

Top Dead Center Your MAG Piston and re-check Rotary Valve Timing - I know you said you marked it, BUT based on your statement above it is not correct..
    You will not have fuel blowing out from the carbs, unless the Rotary Valve Timing is off..

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    +1 recheck the rotary valve setup. A common first timers mistake is to assume the measurement is done off the crankcase seam..it is not. Another mistake is trying to do this would a degree wheel. A third mistake is not using the correct piston TDC to set the valve up

SBt has a decent tutorial on how to set up the RV..might find the same here.

A simple fix, once you get in there with some solid info.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    +1 recheck the rotary valve setup. A common first timers mistake is to assume the measurement is done off the crankcase seam..it is not. Another mistake is trying to do this would a degree wheel. A third mistake is not using the correct piston TDC to set the valve up

SBt has a decent tutorial on how to set up the RV..might find the same here.

A simple fix, once you get in there with some solid info.
    Ok yeah that makes sense I'm sure I marked it but something could have moved I'll check that and get back on here

Hey man I also have a 95 xp that I let my girlfriend and sister ride that I put a sbt engine in as a replacement 3 years ago.. Bring the mag side piston to top dead center and line your rotax valve plate with the knotch on the block... Doing this should def get ur engine started.. Then adjust your carbs from there... Also I always keep the back cylinder (PTO side) running a Lil richer... In all honesty ay of my friends that ride 2 stroke skis won't go far without my xp being with us.. It earned it's name as the tugged ski, it never breaks down

Thread Information