This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

why would a shop....

send a boat out with a brand new engine and NOT check to see if the safety lanyard is hooked up?

I have an LS2000 is shop now for a fuel sender fix and I noticed the safety lanyard had been bypassed.

I checked with SBT and found out that the newly installed engine was purchased less then a month prior by a boat shop up north

What has happened to quality workmanship in our industry?

I could never let a boat or a ski out of my place with something an obvious safety hazard as a non operating lanyard.

Fixing this was so inexpensive compared to the engine work ( it took all of 7 minutes to fix it up)

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    send a boat out with a brand new engine and NOT check to see if the safety lanyard is hooked up?

I have an LS2000 is shop now for a fuel sender fix and I noticed the safety lanyard had been bypassed.

I checked with SBT and found out that the newly installed engine was purchased less then a month prior by a boat shop up north

What has happened to quality workmanship in our industry?

I could never let a boat or a ski out of my place with something an obvious safety hazard as a non operating lanyard.

Fixing this was so inexpensive compared to the engine work ( it took all of 7 minutes to fix it up)
    why, bc there are plenty of HACKs out there... North huh? probably from NJ, bc there are plenty of hacks around... well all over really and quite a few in PA to...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the story was actually a bit more interesting.

the new owner of the boat was told he was being sent out with "fulltanks"...

he takes off with his 3 year old on board and lo and behold..they run out of gas a few miles from the marina (the fuel valves were in the reserve position when he was handed the boat)

Not having much experience with the yamaha boats it just took me a few minutes to find out that fuel floats are a common problem and the often get stuck in the sender or have the magnets fall out.

Have to get the yamaha upgrade for my candoo now..as I want to know how many hours on the remaining old engine and the console on this boat is just bare bones stuff.

I just shake my head..easy to make a few extra bucks on any job by fixing the obvious..like the drain plug left out of the motor compartment which allowed the bilges to fill with water.

The fuel sender fix was far from tragic..once I got all the screws out of the cover plate and back seats.

Thread Information