XPL water box removal- How?

I posted this on pwctoday.com also but I still can't understand how to get this out. Does anyone know how to get it out? I unstrapped the waterbox and took the front end out of the coupler. When I slide it foreward to get it out, it hits the gastank and still leaves about 2-3 inches in the back that is stuck. Any body know how to do this becasue I sure as hell can't figure it out!
    Last edited by seadoo951; 02-01-2007 at 04:39 PM.

+1
    and you got another reply at pwctoday. They are helpful hints, your just not understanding whats being written. Rip the freaking cover off the waterbox, it will make it alot easier to take out/put in the waterbox. I know its frustrating the first time you do it. I've gotten it out 2 different ways. So here goes again:
    1) Push the waterbox forward, between the gas tank and the hull, over the straight pipe that has the coupler on it that hooks to the waterbox. Yank the back end out and through the opening of the rear hatch area. Should come out.
    if you can't get it that way,
    2) Pull the nose out first. When it gets to a point where its stuck, trying shoving the ass end around as much as you can while yanking on the front. This one was brutal when I did, but I got it out that way cause a buddy said it couldn't be done.

On another note, what exactly are you trying to do by taking the waterbox out? You putting in a newer one? Just curious is all. If my instructions on here and at pwctoday isn't helping, pm me your phone number and I'll call you tonight and walk you through it.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Nevermind, figured out what your trying to do now.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    and you got another reply at pwctoday. They are helpful hints, your just not understanding whats being written. Rip the freaking cover off the waterbox, it will make it alot easier to take out/put in the waterbox. I know its frustrating the first time you do it. I've gotten it out 2 different ways. So here goes again:
    1) Push the waterbox forward, between the gas tank and the hull, over the straight pipe that has the coupler on it that hooks to the waterbox. Yank the back end out and through the opening of the rear hatch area. Should come out.
    if you can't get it that way,
    2) Pull the nose out first. When it gets to a point where its stuck, trying shoving the ass end around as much as you can while yanking on the front. This one was brutal when I did, but I got it out that way cause a buddy said it couldn't be done.

On another note, what exactly are you trying to do by taking the waterbox out? You putting in a newer one? Just curious is all. If my instructions on here and at pwctoday isn't helping, pm me your phone number and I'll call you tonight and walk you through it.
    SHOOTER
    I am just taking it out to get that rubber crap off. I will go and try it that way right now and see if it does the trick.

Thread Information