msx140 bog and idle issues

i was out on my 03 msx140 not long ago and had some idle and bogging issues. after riding with two passengers for around a half hour, i let off the throttle completely and the engine died. to get it running again i had to play with the throttle while turning the engine over. after i got it running it was very unresponsive and bogging like it was running rich. i decided to let it sit for about an hour and it started up and ran fine. after riding for another half hour with two passengers it began to do the same thing. any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks in advance!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    See my signature links for relevant info.

My initial suspicion would be the TPS.

If a new TPS does not solve the problem then further investigation is required. Next major suspect would be the EMM itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PooFan View Post
    i was out on my 03 msx140 not long ago and had some idle and bogging issues. after riding with two passengers for around a half hour, i let off the throttle completely and the engine died. to get it running again i had to play with the throttle while turning the engine over. after i got it running it was very unresponsive and bogging like it was running rich. i decided to let it sit for about an hour and it started up and ran fine. after riding for another half hour with two passengers it began to do the same thing. any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks in advance!
    I have pretty much the same issue. Ski runs for about half hour then quits, restarts and bogs out. If it sits it will run for awhile. When it does re-start when warm it will move ahead as it idles. In fact, i idled back to the dock but it would not take throttle without bogging.

I got a new TPS, same problem. I now have sent the EMM off to Georgia and am awaiting the results. I bought the ski in May and was promised it had no problems, It has been in the water running less than 1 hour and I am so pissed, I just want to find the problem and get it fixed. Of course nobody in my area is familar with these Polaris skis plus the fact they are not manufactured anymore just adds to my frustration.

Please, if you figure out what is causing the problem post it, I will do the same. Anybody else out there think of anything

i replaced the tps with a used one (was much cheaper than new) and its running perfect again!

Airframe89
    +1
    Tax Man,

Did you fix your ski? Was it the EMM? I am having the same problem with my 03 MSX 140.

Thread Information