Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

MoTeC new M1 ECU for SHO, have your say.

Hi Guys
    Been a while since I posted here
    Have been on a development campaign with our new ECU the M1
    Unfortunately for you guys the first engine to be done was the Seadoo, its almost complete and we are moving to develop the Yamaha SHO range next.
    The M1 is a very powerful platform and it is able to be customised very accurately to suit particular markets. As we are at the beginning of the programming for the Yamaha you have a unique opportunity to contribute to what you want to see inside.
    Think about what you currently like about our or anyone elses solution and what you don’t like, what would you want if you were racing, how should the launch work etc etc
    To catch up on what I mean check out these threads and then come back here with your suggestions.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181417

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181964

Looking forward to flushing out an awesome solution.
    Cheers

Pete

Here are the suggestions so far, I will update this as we go

Ability to fit 10hz GPS
    Logging for knock in standard package
    Built in hour meter and/or make factory dash work
    Built in Knock in standard package
    Full Throttle Timer channel available on fuel/ign/boost/throttle maps
    Lambda (AFR) displayed on factory dash
    SLM support (configurable to show different AFR,s Boost, EGT, Temps)
    Switchable Fuel,Ign and boost maps
    Predictive rpm limit cut based on RPM rise rate modified by intake pressure
    Individual Cylinder EGT compensation
    Multi MAP (simply 2 or 3 of the following maps, Aim fuel/ignition/boost/throttle)
    A way to edit closed loop lambda active areas
    Engine run time axis on the air temp comp table
    Robust wreless comms
    Last edited by MoTeC Pete; 08-06-2012 at 06:21 AM.

+1
    I'll read up first. Went straight to Motec website and missed the two links.

+1
    What will be the difference between the m400 and this one
    How come the need for a new ecu ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Borg View Post
    What will be the difference between the m400 and this one
    How come the need for a new ecu ?
    The M1 has been designed to run todays more advanced vehicles.
    Cars like the Nissan R35 are highly advanced and require massive computing power to run all the engine electronics,the chassis electronics and the gearbox and clutch electronics
    No longer will a single firmware capable of running countless engines be suitable to run cars like the R35
    A faster ECU was needed with a design that allowed a firmware to be easily written to suit exactly one style of engine/vehicle set up
    This means that the code inside only has to deal with that one application and therfore runs very fast, couple that with the latest generation processor and tasks like the rpm limiter work 800% better than the current generation of ECU's
    So we didnt design it for Jet ski's but it just so happens that one of the markets that benifit the most from a superior RPM limit is PWC.

Oh, and its cheaper

Check out the other threads mentioned above for more info
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superior RPM Limiting.jpg 
Views:	708 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	279492  

+1
    I see a lot has changed, but what I didn't like about the m400 was that I had to pay for stuff that cheaper ECU's had and that's why I went with the Vi-PEC. I didn't mind paying extra if all the functions such as lambda, logging, and communicating with my PC were free. But after messing around in the software for a while I finally realized why this was. The i2 was just so much more capable than any other software I used. So what I didn't like was I had to pay for a can to USB cable. It would of been nice if a USB was included. I didn't like that I had to pay for logging. I found something so simple that could have just been easily implemented ( I know motec spent a lot of money developing the ECU and so forth and needed to make it back ) and all the other aftermarket ECU's have them for free. Logging is one of the key reasons why some people buy ECU's and I personally think it should have been free. I also didn't like that we had to pay for Lambda. Lambda is one one of those key things that is always dialed in first for a customer. So yea the ECU was $3900 but when all the extras were added up it came up to quite over $5000 which is kinda insane for a rec riding ski. Most people would see the Vi-PEC and see that they are getting a fully programmable ECU for $3200 with basically all those features. Now don't get me wrong I am in now way bashing MoTEC. I love this company and your products are amazing but I just couldn't rap my head around that price tag, and I love the new direction in which your heading by making it more feasible, for eg. by putting an Ethernet cable to communicate with the laptop. Everyone has an Ethernet cable at home so that's just one more thing to make my life easier. Trust me if the M1 can communicate with laptop via Ethernet, has free logging and lambda, I am throwing away my Vi-PEC.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I see a lot has changed, but what I didn't like about the m400 was that I had to pay for stuff that cheaper ECU's had and that's why I went with the Vi-PEC. I didn't mind paying extra if all the functions such as lambda, logging, and communicating with my PC were free. But after messing around in the software for a while I finally realized why this was. The i2 was just so much more capable than any other software I used. So what I didn't like was I had to pay for a can to USB cable. It would of been nice if a USB was included. I didn't like that I had to pay for logging. I found something so simple that could have just been easily implemented ( I know motec spent a lot of money developing the ECU and so forth and needed to make it back ) and all the other aftermarket ECU's have them for free. Logging is one of the key reasons why some people buy ECU's and I personally think it should have been free. I also didn't like that we had to pay for Lambda. Lambda is one one of those key things that is always dialed in first for a customer. So yea the ECU was $3900 but when all the extras were added up it came up to quite over $5000 which is kinda insane for a rec riding ski. Most people would see the Vi-PEC and see that they are getting a fully programmable ECU for $3200 with basically all those features. Now don't get me wrong I am in now way bashing MoTEC. I love this company and your products are amazing but I just couldn't rap my head around that price tag, and I love the new direction in which your heading by making it more feasible, for eg. by putting an Ethernet cable to communicate with the laptop. Everyone has an Ethernet cable at home so that's just one more thing to make my life easier. Trust me if the M1 can communicate with laptop via Ethernet, has free logging and lambda, I am throwing away my Vi-PEC.
    HI Kristian
    Thanks for your post
    Appreciate your input.
    I was going to launch into a defensive paragraph about M400 and why we do the things we do but that will just detract from the intention of the thread which is to discuss the M1

The M1, yes comes with logging as standard, not full blown, F1, log anything you like at any speed logging but useful diagnostic logging that you can tune from.
    If you have a lambda meter you can connect it to the ECU and it will log your AFR
    The M1 Yamaha targeted ECU will be priced somewhere around 3200-3400 USD
    It will be awesome cause we will put in PWC features that we have learned that you want along with anything else that is sensible, suggested within this thread.

So if we were lucky enough to get you to throw away your current solution and go with ours, what would you want inside that you don’t have now ????

Cheers
    Pete

+1
    My biggest thing is dual map. I have a somewhat powerful ski that I like to take out on a Sunday and cruise around and also race. Dual map out of the box would be exceptional. Just flick a switch and it slows down the ski to about stock. Oh and I know this is like wayyy outrageous but just something I would like is mac support. The only reason I have a PC is because my current ECU doesn't have support for a mac.

I was just a little unsure about this. If I have lets say and R32 GTR and my FZR can I just switch the wiring loom and and the map and it will work ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    My biggest thing is dual map. I have a somewhat powerful ski that I like to take out on a Sunday and cruise around and also race. Dual map out of the box would be exceptional. Just flick a switch and it slows down the ski to about stock. Oh and I know this is like wayyy outrageous but just something I would like is mac support. The only reason I have a PC is because my current ECU doesn't have support for a mac.

I was just a little unsure about this. If I have lets say and R32 GTR and my FZR can I just switch the wiring loom and and the map and it will work ?
    Hi
    Dual MAP is a given, I dont believe it will be an entire 2nd Map (thats too complex for most people to manage), rather, a set of second fuel/ign/boost/Throttle maps that you can program

Sorry but the MAC direct support will be difficult but my understanding is that you can run a PC virtual machine on a Mac and go from there.

Right now if you had an M1 Yamaha you couldnt move to your R32
    Once we have done an M1 package for an R32 then you will be able to move across to that by simply changing the wiring over and I hate to say it (pay a small fee) to get you to the correct level licence to run the R32.
    The key thing here is the hardware is not locked to the engine you buy it for.
    I will update my opening post with the features list we have come up with so far on the Seadoo side

Cheers

+1
    Pete, will MoteC be offering only the new M1 on the new FX SHO 2012? Or the M400 will also be available?

+1
    Pete your saying a m1 can be changed to any vehicle with different amount cylinders once there is a harness to suit?
    Unlike a m400 can only go on a 4 cyl?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information