Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SuperCharger Rebuild - Did I just blow $600 for Nothin??

So - at 99 hours I decided to be proactive and get my SC rebuilt at my local dealer here in Canada.

I bit the bullet and the boat is back in my garage - haven't taken her out yet...

Anyway - that aside, it was't that bad price wise - $600 CDN taxes in including parts and labour.

So....I asked for all the parts back after the job was done. (See attached photos).

Apparently, my supercharger was in great shape.

Funny: I have a 2008 speedster 150 and these washers look metal to me - not ceramic. I asked the dealer if they were ceramic and he was "pretty sure they were". Damn!

Your thoughts? Did I just blow $600 for nothin?

These parts look near pristine to me. And what the heck are all those pins for?

Nicko

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SC-1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	279498

Name:	SC-2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	279499

Name:	SC-3.jpg 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	279500

Still due for a rebuild. I see the old needle bearings...where's the old ball bearings and cages? Of course...you coulda saved some money, peace of mind...and just sent it to Jerry.

+1
    You needed a rebuild. The fact that the parts still look good is good though. Could indicate your ski is running good etc. Jerry does it cheaper but shipping may coast lots from where u are to the states??

I still have extended warranty - BRP Canada says that if I get work done outside of Canada, it is void - so Alas - I couldn't go with Jerry. Although I'll bet I'd have zero probs with him.

After shipping, etc, I figure I spent and extra $150.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    You needed a rebuild. The fact that the parts still look good is good though. Could indicate your ski is running good etc. Jerry does it cheaper but shipping may coast lots from where u are to the states??

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    yup..those sure look pristine..

right up to the second where they destroy your motor and leave you stranded on the water in the path of an approaching thunderstorm

$600 well spent if you ask me. $6 an operating hour is nothing at all. And I read somewhere that the service interval with the newest s/c service parts is now 200 hours

money well spent..now you can go thrash your boat with confidence!

+1
    Those are ceramics. The other is stuck to the gear. Money well spent.

+1
    i notice the drive end bearing is not in the picture, i hope they did indeed replace that .......

+1
    Dealership / stealership probably gave you somebody else's used parts.
    Sorry I just don't trust them...
    I've seen people pay over $1000 for supposed problems.
    When in reality all the stealership did was change the oil and spark plugs.
    Hope your stealership is honest....
    If there is such a thing......

Quote Originally Posted by nickoz953 View Post
    So - at 99 hours I decided to be proactive and get my SC rebuilt at my local dealer here in Canada.

I bit the bullet and the boat is back in my garage - haven't taken her out yet...

Anyway - that aside, it was't that bad price wise - $600 CDN taxes in including parts and labour.

So....I asked for all the parts back after the job was done. (See attached photos).

Apparently, my supercharger was in great shape.

Funny: I have a 2008 speedster 150 and these washers look metal to me - not ceramic. I asked the dealer if they were ceramic and he was "pretty sure they were". Damn!

Your thoughts? Did I just blow $600 for nothin?

These parts look near pristine to me. And what the heck are all those pins for?

Nicko

Name:	SC-1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	279498

Name:	SC-2.jpg 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	279499

Name:	SC-3.jpg 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	279500
    Nicko, just FYI there might be a possibility that you may get back your $600.00 back in your pocket. To make the story short, I got a letter from BRP seems like somebody really got through to them that the "Ceramic" washers were not the choice of weapon to put on skis from 2004- ...2007 4tech SeaDoo series. anyway, My ski 2004 RXP made it to 200+ hours on ceramic washers and change them later because I think my luck might run out On the letter, I fall in the category of changing the Ceramic Washers to metal ones, even if it did not fail yet. They want the receipts ( I bought mine from Jerry and I think I got all the receipts....I think ) Nils did the labor and I forgot how many Coronas Beer We drank that day = there goes the labor fee I am sending my claim and see what happens If you want me to post a picture of the letter, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    Dealership / stealership probably gave you somebody else's used parts.
    Sorry I just don't trust them...
    I've seen people pay over $1000 for supposed problems.
    When in reality all the stealership did was change the oil and spark plugs.
    Hope your stealership is honest....
    If there is such a thing......
    Not all of them are that bad, Learn to know your local dealership Develop a good relationship with them. Give them some Business. Don't come strong to them that you know more than them because you went to Green Hulk University Instead, open their eyes and direct them over here for knowledge Make them members here = this site grows and stronger = keep the Green Guy Happy = Jammer 1 out of his Banning Radar Gun Believe it or not, Yamaha, Honda, SeaDoo, Kawasaki dealership here bend over backwards for me if I need something. and if they need something from me....I do the same for them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information