Thread: Gsx limited 951

Gsx limited 951

I have a 1998 gsx limited and I wanna add a Lil extra pep in the ski, what can I do to add a Lil juice

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck951 View Post
    I have a 1998 gsx limited and I wanna add a Lil extra pep in the ski, what can I do to add a Lil juice
    theres loads you can do with the 951 engine but its all about how far you want to go, how much cash you want to spend and how reliable you want it to be after!

ive got a 2002 gtx with a 951 carb engine (same as yours ) and its had some porting and polishing done on the cylinders and had the carb bores polished choke flaps removed and rejetted. the pump has been swapped out for a brass one and that has been polished. solas prop top loader intake cover. none of these has improved its top speed but it is quicker off the mark and has better pick up in rough seas

I don't think I want to get into boring and stuff, Im kinda curious about which company makes the best stage 1 kit for my ski now after speaking with a few people...I know once ya start boring the reliability is gonna cut down a bit and that's 1 of my main concerns
    Quote Originally Posted by seadosteve View Post
    theres loads you can do with the 951 engine but its all about how far you want to go, how much cash you want to spend and how reliable you want it to be after!

ive got a 2002 gtx with a 951 carb engine (same as yours ) and its had some porting and polishing done on the cylinders and had the carb bores polished choke flaps removed and rejetted. the pump has been swapped out for a brass one and that has been polished. solas prop top loader intake cover. none of these has improved its top speed but it is quicker off the mark and has better pick up in rough seas

+1
    about all you can for cheap is put on a solas 15/20 prop and a watercraft magic jet kit with some filters. it really wont be much faster though. unless you want to spend $800 on a pipe and water injection or boring/porting there isnt too much else to do.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck951 View Post
    Re jet the carbs and install free flowing air filters and advance the timing to +2

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Re jet the carbs and install free flowing air filters and advance the timing to +2
    This is your best bet. Reliability of ski wont change. You may also want to consider upping the compression by having it cut properly from one of major players. The GSX can be a very fast ski with little work done. Hole shot substantially improved with rejetting and open F/A's. The prop mentioned wont hurt either. You should be able to pick up a couple extra miles an hour plus awesome hole shot. Your rpm should be hanging just around 7000 and the ski will run well with mods covered. I would not waste the time to port a 951. It wont help enough for the work and cost. If you were racing, then take advantage of everything you can work with, not needed with rec riding.

I put a Rossier Stage 1 kit on mine and i love it. Huge difference.

Thread Information