Thread: Starved rock?

+1

Starved rock?

So who has rode out at starved rock? Me and a buddy are thinking about going out there and camping for a few days. I have been out there multiple times in the late fall/early winter for camping and hiking but I have never been there in the summer when it was warm enough to take a ski with me. How is the river out there for riding? I assume it's pretty good as i know the Polaris guys had a big ride out there a few years ago but I'm looking for some first hand experience. Are there any restaurants on the river or anything like that? Marinas? Where is the launch at in regards to the state park/starved rock lodge? I only live about an hour away and this would be perfect for us to go out there for a long weekend. And of course if anyone is interesting in heading out there with us we could all pitch in for a camp site. We have tents and I'm sure it would be really cheap if we got a few tents per site. I know the state park campground is really nice. Thanks for the help!

Banned User
    +1
    Watch out for flying asian carp!!!!

+1
    Starved Rock is nice..we usually ride at least once a year out there...there are plenty of sandy shore line to beach,hang and swim..There is a marina/restaurant/fuel about 5 miles west of the Rock on the north side of the river..and then your next one is down in Henry,IL....Henry is about 38 miles west of the Rock and also thats were you can get fuel/food too..IF you ride to Henery i wouldnt venture much further down steam as you will run into a fuel issue..IF you want to continue to Peoria then you definatly need to top off in Henry and then again in Peoria to make it back...Have fun and be safe buddy..You LOVE that side of the River...

And yes, watch out for the flying carp as i hit one last year when we were out there...had 5 of them bastards jump up in front of me and clocked one of them with my right hand...hurt like a bitch.....

+1
    Alright very nice. Thnks for the help. Sno if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. Kinda silly we live less than 5 minutes from each other and haven't ridden together yet!

+1
    I would do starved rock this weekend if people are up for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by andersonn View Post
    Alright very nice. Thnks for the help. Sno if you ever need someone to ride with let me know. Kinda silly we live less than 5 minutes from each other and haven't ridden together yet!
    Definatly....dont know how much more riding we will be doing this year as my ski is down with a blown motor and all we have is the wifeys.......im gonna take my time putting it back together,might even add a few goodies to it too....Shhhhhhhh..........

Thread Information