Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hull protection?

G'day,

Does anybody have an opinion good/bad yes/no, about a clear stick on protective film on the leading edge of a skis hull? I've had it before on skiboats, but never applied by myself. I'm not planning on beaching the the ski, but i will have it close to get kids on/off. I'll be using it in both ocean and rivers/lakes.

Just that a few 2nd hand ones i looked at before deciding on a new one had scuff marks, and a black hull with white scratches looks crap...

Also can't find any of the name brand salt flushing kits (Salt Away or Saltx i think the other is) anywhere in local ski shops, is it best to just buy online?

Cheers.

+1
    Don't know about in Australia, but in the states we can buy Salt Away online from Amazon.

Banned User
    +1
    Salt away is a waist of money.

+1
    it is available here you just have to find it, coles and safeway have it, dawn dishwashing liquid lol otherwise try bcf, my local boat shop has it but as tommy said its a waste of $$$

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    it is available here you just have to find it, coles and safeway have it, dawn dishwashing liquid lol otherwise try bcf, my local boat shop has it but as tommy said its a waste of $$$
    Yeah i was getting that impression from you guys in here, i really only want/need the fitting you put the dishwashing liquid in i guess, or is a couple of squirts up the flush port the way to go?

Cheers for the replies.

as for the hull protection i ordered the 5" wide by 6ft strip from megaware and it is thick and very nice...it actually did increase speed by almost a mile per hour....i will put the 3m protector on this winter..jeff

G'day Jeff,

Yeah i was looking at the 3M one as well, my ski doesn't turn up for another 2 weeks so i'll wait till then and suss it out. Extra speed is a bonus, but i'm just looking to keep it looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla73 View Post
    G'day,

Does anybody have an opinion good/bad yes/no, about a clear stick on protective film on the leading edge of a skis hull? I've had it before on skiboats, but never applied by myself. I'm not planning on beaching the the ski, but i will have it close to get kids on/off. I'll be using it in both ocean and rivers/lakes.

Just that a few 2nd hand ones i looked at before deciding on a new one had scuff marks, and a black hull with white scratches looks crap...

Also can't find any of the name brand salt flushing kits (Salt Away or Saltx i think the other is) anywhere in local ski shops, is it best to just buy online?

Cheers.
    Kawasaki makes a salt flush but I just use the Starbrite kit...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Why is that, I just started using it regularly on my STX. Reason why is I have my old GP all apart and there is a lot of salt corrosion inside.

If you do a search on here you'll find heaps of pics and opinion on this issue, a lot of members use dishwashing liquid and swear by it. I really think it's about being thorough in the after ride cleaning routine of the entire ski not just the flushing.

Heaps of great info on here just keep searching.

What was your flushing routine with the GP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information