Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

94 polaris sl 750 triple output fuel pump help

hello, I have a 1994 Polaris SL 750 wave runner. I too, like many others am having problems when it comes to acceleration, bogging down etc. Ive done numerous things, cleaned the carbs, tuned the carbs changed plugs new fuel filter etc. However, the original single output fuel pump is still on the ski. I was unaware that many have changed out the single output for a triple output pump. Somewhere I read that polaris actually issued a service bulletin about this problem and the change to a triple output pump in 1996?? Anyone know if that is true or is such a bulletin exists? Or, maybe just your experience and expertise for this ski could help me out. Possibly some recomendations for a new pump or pump kit and instructions for changing out the pumps or a diagram for fixing it. I am new to this and I am not a mechanic. I have a friend who owned his own pwc/atv store back in the 90s who said he can fix it but is a "little out of practice" and said a diagram would help him out with it. Any help and reccomendations would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks for any help and have a good weekend!

+1
    Everything you ever wanted to know is right here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    All you are doing is running a dedicated line to each carb. There are many recent posts on this exact subject. I have attached a diagram.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mikuni_Fuel_Pump_Triple with labels.jpg 
Views:	568 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	279573

Also does this make any sense. When I'm riding at 20mph + if I trim the ski up it seems to operate and accelerate better.. However, if I have it trimmed up from starting out the ski will not even plane out. I'm hoping it's just the fuel pump causing the problems.. Sometimes to get the ski to kick in I have to slightly pull the choke up about a half inch to get a burst of power.. Again, I'm no expert on any of this thanks for the comments

+1
    Pulling the choke to get a burst of power means the engine is running lean. You need to make complete run through the fuel system: new hoses including inside the tank, selector switch, and 3-outlet pump.

Watcon.com has a nice triple pump with brass plugs for making the conversion.

Follow this link to see a diagram for plumbing the carbs: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15433

Kj

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pdarling20 View Post
    Also does this make any sense. When I'm riding at 20mph + if I trim the ski up it seems to operate and accelerate better.. However, if I have it trimmed up from starting out the ski will not even plane out. I'm hoping it's just the fuel pump causing the problems.. Sometimes to get the ski to kick in I have to slightly pull the choke up about a half inch to get a burst of power.. Again, I'm no expert on any of this thanks for the comments
    You MUST to the fuel systems updates before you pop a hole in a piston.

YES, it makes sense. Trimmed over the half way mark will net the highest top speeds.

+1
    If your vacuum cleaner bag was full and could not pick up any more dirt would you empty the bag or put a bigger motor on the vacuum???????

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&4strokepolaristech View Post
    If your vacuum cleaner bag was full and could not pick up any more dirt would you empty the bag or put a bigger motor on the vacuum???????
    I would do both!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I would do both!!!!!!
    AMEN!

All joking aside, I believe that is the general advice that is always given.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by superd2k View Post
    everything you ever wanted to know is right here: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/
    everything?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information