Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Exclamation E1 > H1 Upgrade: What do I have to adjust for a perfect function?

Hi guys;

I have just bought a "RIVA FX-SHO/FZ H1 Race Charger Impeller and Housing" and it will replace my old E1 impeller.

*For a better understanding, If someone want to see my list of parts installed, please see this other post of my pwc: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181746

Could anyone tell me what I should adjust or modify so the engine runs well with this upgrade? I was thinking about raise the fuel pressure a little bit until to 70 psi (now is 60psi).

Now I run about 85mph with a 155mm 14/23 impeller, but the problem is that when I put the 160mm impeller 15/23R the final speed drops too much! So I tought that with a H1 it could provide me more power so it could "push" me faster.

I also have installed a powershot, so it could need a new setup; but what it would be? Should I enrich only the final RPM ranges?

Im counting on you..

Please, I really need some orientation now!

Wender Melo

+1
    First of, this has been said already. The reason you lost speed with your 160mm is because your RPM's are down low with that prop and a simple repitch will help fix it. You don't need to go and spend $750 to get the same speed as a repitch for $50. Also don't forget the extra stress your gonna put on the engine with that much boost and probably need race gas to keep you from blowing up. The problems I think you're gonna run into with this supercharger is almost too much to handle. A simple repitch would save so much time effort and money and not to mention the possibility of blowing up your ski and not being able to ride for a long time.

+1

Question

Kristian,

I understand your point of view in a general way; you are trying to make me save money by not having to do much more modifications or investments. So you're suggesting me to repitch my 160 impeller. But repitch it to what? 11/22, 11/23, 12/24?

So, actually what I really until now did not undestand is for what is reccomend the 14/23R RIVA impeller?
    Final velocity?
    Better launchs?
    Faster speed recovery after tight turns on closed circuits?

Because I my opnion, once you install it you must have a very strong engine; if not you you slow down your pwc!

Can you tell me if your 160mm impeller is repitched? What specifications is it?

About the problem of blowing the engine that you mencioned; you're right, but because of it that I'm here asking for more orientations on this new upgrade. I forgot to say that I also bought RIVA forged rods. The question of the fuel quality is not the probleme too.

So, the major problem is the fuel management that is made by my powershot device. Is here where I need more informations.

Dont you you know how to help me in this new adjustments on the powershot?

Thanks.

Wender Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Wender Jones View Post
    Hi guys;

I have just bought a "RIVA FX-SHO/FZ H1 Race Charger Impeller and Housing" and it will replace my old E1 impeller.

*For a better understanding, If someone want to see my list of parts installed, please see this other post of my pwc: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181746

Could anyone tell me what I should adjust or modify so the engine runs well with this upgrade? I was thinking about raise the fuel pressure a little bit until to 70 psi (now is 60psi).

Now I run about 85mph with a 155mm 14/23 impeller, but the problem is that when I put the 160mm impeller 15/23R the final speed drops too much! So I tought that with a H1 it could provide me more power so it could "push" me faster.

I also have installed a powershot, so it could need a new setup; but what it would be? Should I enrich only the final RPM ranges?

Im counting on you..

Please, I really need some orientation now!

Wender Melo
    85 @ what rpm?

+1
    Kristian,

I'm runnig 85mph with a 155mm 14/23 impeller at the final range of high RPM; as my ECU is reflased by R&D, model R3, I think the RPM is very close to 8.850.

Quote Originally Posted by Wender Jones View Post
    Kristian,

I'm runnig 85mph with a 155mm 14/23 impeller at the final range of high RPM; as my ECU is reflased by R&D, model R3, I think the RPM is very close to 8.850.
    The limiter is set @8850, but do you know your rpm at WOT. I hope you upgraded the s/c shaft.

+1
    I'm sure the h1 puts a lot of stress on the motor if u r turning 9000+ but Jim has a sho running a h1 setup on a stock motor for over 80 hours and he hadn't had any problems, that we have heard of.

+1
    There is no way the stock injectors could handle a H1 wheel. You will need to be reflashed to bigger injectors and well obviously get new injectors. A stand alone would be best if you're doing this H1 wheel for real.

+1

Lightbulb ...Then, again I got stuck in how to adjust my powershot to this new H1 impeller???

Kristian & Guys,

My S/C shaft was replaced by RIVA Super-Duty Shaft Kit Gen-3, and I also installed a RIVA S/C Gear Dampener. As I said before, I think that the strees problem is already solved by this and others upgrades I have done before.

My real doubt is the fuel management. I will list here my questions:
    1) What do I have to adjust at the powershot to handle now with the H1?
    2) The fuel pressure should be raised? (I intend to keep using OEM injectors, for now is 60psi)

I am still thinking in continue using the OEM injectors because the are managed by a R&D R3 ECU together with a Powershot. This set of equipments can delivery me and allows me manage much more fuel than just a new set of bigger injectors.
    Well, this is what I THINK! Am I right?
    ...Then, again I got stuck in how to adjust my powershot to this new H1 impeller?

Or this is not the right way to make a good setup?

Waiting for tips...

Just for you have any reference, please watch the video with the impeller of 155mm:

Wender Jones

+1
    I will agree with waterholics u probably with Max out the stock injectors before u get the correct afrs. But I think a r&d reflash mapped to bigger injectors with bigger injectors is probably gone be what u have to have to get the correct afrs but I don't think a stand alone system is needed. Maybe Jim can chime in and speak more on that setup. He is one of the best in the business and he chose a reflash over a stand alone system so it must work well

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information