Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buying an FZR

Buying an FZR

Im new to all of this and Im thinking about buying a new FZR. I was just wondering why people say that it throws them off. Do all of them do that or is it just the FZR?

Thank you

+1
    We already have a huge thread about this as a sticky,
    and those questions have been answered many times; do you really think we need another one...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

+1
    He's new to all of this. Can't you just post up that there is a post that covers it and the link and not be a asshole?

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    He's new to all of this. Can't you just post up that there is a post that covers it and the link and not be a asshole?
    WTH? That's exactly what I did, I even gave him the link. And I even managed to do it with out calling anyone any names, unlike yourself.

Just ignore YoYo. He's the forum irritant. He lives to be an ass and is successful 95 percent of the time.

Thanks for the welcome.

Well welcome to GH. I know if you decide to get a FZR you will love it. I've had mine for about 2 weeks and I can't tell you how much i love it. It is almost everything that I wanted. It does have some shortcomings, but............you learn to live with them. very quickly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    Just ignore YoYo. He's the forum irritant. He lives to be an ass and is successful 95 percent of the time.
    True that.

+1
    DoubleAA - I do not own one but have rode the FZR a few times. They are like a fine watch and so tight and mechanically perfect it is amazing. I have read that bucking comes from overloading the pump due to the intake grate when you are riding hard in seas. I have not experienced it and I think it is pretty rare. You don't indicate where you ride or what kind of conditions.

+1
    DoubleAA, welcome to gh! I've only been a member for a little over a month but can say from my experience that this forum is a wealth of knowledge with a large number members willing to help you at the drop of a dime. As for your fzr question, all I can say is that almost every post that I have read suggests that you purchase the R&D intake grate and install it before you ride it for the first time. $200 give or take is a small price to pay for improved hookup and most importantly your own safety. You can purchase the grate from the gh online store, and from what I've read if you use the coupon code greenhulk at checkout you will get an additional 10% off. Best of luck with your purchase and great decision to go with Yamaha; they're super reliable, can be modified quite easily, and hold their resale value very well. Let us know if you get one and post some pics.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information