+1

New member..first problem ever.

Hello all new member here from Walker County, AL.

I have a 2010 ultra 260x. I bought it used with 20 hours on it, now it has 35. I have road with friends before borrowing their old Yamaha cruiser, while they road on there 260. I found a good deal on one so I bought it. Now I have never ever rolled a ski until the other day. I've seen my friend roll his 260 before flip it clockwise right side up climb on on be on his way.

I was riding a passenger on the lake was pretty rough considering there was plenty of traffic. I slowed down and I guess I wasn't to use to the ski yet, A bit of water came over the sturn, now I don't know if my passenger leaned (I think she did) all I knew is I felt a tug on my life jacket and here we all go. I came up made sure she was ok and I flipped the ski back over. We climbed on and I went to start it ( I did flip it the correct way btw clockwise) and when it went to start the motor would not turn. All I could here is a click and the gauges would go out. A good friend came by and towed us to his dock. I let it set for about 10 minutes tried it and it would turn over but not fire, tried to turn it over a few time nothing Flashed BAT on the screen. Thought the battery was dead. Let it set for about 20 minutes while we talked. Tried it and nothing, tried it one last time while giving it some gas and it started right up. I checked the battery and it was good. Also it would not pic up full rpms until about 5 minutes of running right. No smoke no odd engine noises...so any ideas what could caused that?

+1
    Also does anyone have any service manuels for download. I do like to work on my own stuff.

I have a 2011 Yamaha stryker ive already tore apart and built.

I use to build cars but that was to expensive..10k for a motor. I layed down my r1 hard. I have a need for speed but always wanted a ski and well after riding with friends all year. I bit the bullet haha.

Banned User
    +1
    You should always check to make sure no water go in the oil after flipping the ski. And if it's hard starting always pull the plugs to make sure no water got in the cylinders. Tighten all you battery connections. The reason for the hard stsrt was plugs got wet. The most likely reason why it would not go full speed is water in the hull causing the sc belt to slip. That's one reason to install a secondary bilge pump. Don't keep riding the ski while the belt is slipping it will heat up and break.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    You should always check to make sure no water go in the oil after flipping the ski. And if it's hard starting always pull the plugs to make sure no water got in the cylinders. Tighten all you battery connections. The reason for the hard stsrt was plugs got wet. The most likely reason why it would not go full speed is water in the hull causing the sc belt to slip. That's one reason to install a secondary bilge pump. Don't keep riding the ski while the belt is slipping it will heat up and break.
    A secondary bilge pump is on my to do list.

The hull didn't have any water in it, I guess the belt was just wet. checked the oil and all was good. no water.

Thanks for the info, I'm still learning as I go haha.

+1
    Possibly just a loose battey cable, when it was turned over the battery could have move just enough not to make contact, & then if the contact is poor, there may not have been enough voltage for it to run correctly, check all + & - battery connections.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RLACEMAN View Post
    Possibly just a loose battey cable, when it was turned over the battery could have move just enough not to make contact, & then if the contact is poor, there may not have been enough voltage for it to run correctly, check all + & - battery connections.

Thanks Rlaceman.

I check the battery connections and all are tight. I wonder what it coulda been..as soon as it dried out she crank right up. The bat light was flashing, it's like it didnt' have enought juice to do anything for a moment.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic2021 View Post
    Thanks Rlaceman.

I check the battery connections and all are tight. I wonder what it coulda been..as soon as it dried out she crank right up. The bat light was flashing, it's like it didnt' have enought juice to do anything for a moment.
    Plugs most likely got wet with water condensation as well causing the no start. I would suggest fitting the 300x exhaust filter to it.

+1
    flip the ski back over then check passengers, problem solved. Sounds like it just was wet somewhere that shouldn't have been. Being fresh water you just have to dry it out so as long as you have done all the other things you probably are fine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Plugs most likely got wet with water condensation as well causing the no start. I would suggest fitting the 300x exhaust filter to it.
    I've read about that. Haven't found a how to on the exhaust filter yet.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaic2021 View Post
    I've read about that. Haven't found a how to on the exhaust filter yet.
    http://www.socalwatercraftclub.com/f...ead.php?t=3362

Thread Information