livin my dream, more please.! ukdude's Avatar

YYESSSSS finally figured it out, thanks for the help..

after all that http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181377 its the poxy stator thats gone wrong, hard to believe as its only done 7 hours work and its part of the genIII update kit, i put the 9v battery in place and slowly rotated the engine, im getting constant infinity on the green and 102.4 ohms on the red.
    what threw me out was, i was getting good spark at both plugs but of course i would, each sensor fires off both plugs. finally it all makes sence.

so a huge thankyou for your help.

cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    When you extract the stator look for where the wire may have failed. Might be repairable.

I had the same problem, also on the green wire. Before you try to order a new stator, you might want to pull out the old one and check it. I found broken and exposed wires in 2 places on mine one of which was the green hall wire. The first place was under the zip tie on the wires just outside the flywheel case. The second was on the body of the stator itself. For the zip tie issue see the photo at the end of this thread - http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182495. The insulation was cut by the zip tie itself.

The second issue was the green wire was actually broken inside its insulation. I found it during the 9v battery test because if i moved wires around on the stator body i could get a good reading on the green wire, but then it would go away if i moved it again. I cut off the heat shield and moved the wires around then noticed the green wire made a 90 degree bend because it was just plastic insulation with a broken wire inside. the hall wires are smaller gauge then the charging wires in the stator.

Anyway, bottom line is check the wires carefully and you might save yourself some $s buying a new stator.

great, gonna go start getting it out now, thanks for the info, ive found a company near me in the uk that will re wind the stator if needed.

no luck, no breaks in the wires, just a screwed stator. off to the shops i go

just took the stator to the shop that rewinds them, he done his checks and told me its fooked and non repairable.
    the part number is 4010402.
    anyone got one??

Thread Information