Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Wake Pro is a lemon!!!!!

So, I have a 07 Wake Pro I bought brand new in 2010. It was a left over model and had 0 hrs on it, never even been in the water. It came with a extended 2 yr warranty. I had all maintenance for summer and winter done @ the dealership I bought it from. End of last summer (2011) the speedometer went out. I had the instrument cluster replaced beginning of this summer and had the pre season service done. The Sea-Doo lives in my garage hooked up battery tender.

I finally got to take out the Sea-Doo for the 1st time this year last weekend on a camping trip. It ran ok for about 45 min, and then it just stopped. It would not turn over again. Lucky for me my bro-in-law had his boat out there and towed me in. As soon as I got back home I called the dealership and they picked it up. They called me on Fri saying the timing belt had snapped, tearing up the valves and the super charger had seized up. Damn thing only has 15 hrs on it!!!! Lucky for me Sea Doo will cover it under warranty, but it will take 5-7 day for the parts to arrive and another 2 weeks to do the work since they are rebuilding the whole top end of the engine.

Is this the quality of Sea Doo? I love it, but two major failures in 2 yrs? After the rebuild I will be out of warranty. I am selling it as soon as it is fixed and plan on buying another PWC, but doubt it will be a Sea Doo. Sucks cause I like the features Sea Doo offers like, iBR and iBC.

+1
    Maybe you got a Lemon??? Good luck with it... Sorry to hear this
    Ripper

Thanks man. I called See Doo to complin and they did not care. Customer service @ the dealership, great. Customer serive w/ Sea Doo sucks

+1
    Just curious what was the compaint to BRP? That it broke after 15 hours? I understand your rustration but they are fixing it under warrenty and only taking about 3 weeks in the middle of the summer to get it done is not bad. Sorry you got a lemon may this take care of your problem and you get many happy hours of fun from it.

+1
    Skis like to be ridden not sitting. That whole time it sat, was it fogged? I know when I had my 2 strokes, the time I rode every weekend it ran great all the time, then I had them sitting the next few years and everytime I took it out, I had a problem.

+1
    Where the ceramic supercharger washers ever replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by 04gtxsc View Post
    Just curious what was the compaint to BRP? That it broke after 15 hours? I understand your rustration but they are fixing it under warrenty and only taking about 3 weeks in the middle of the summer to get it done is not bad. Sorry you got a lemon may this take care of your problem and you get many happy hours of fun from it.
    My complaint is that they sold me a defective product. I am glad that they are covering the repairs, but my concern now is how manny other things will go wrong now that I am out of warranty I will be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    No they were not. Would that have anything to do with the timing chain breaking? Sorry for the dumb question, not that educated on engines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman 21 View Post
    No they were not. Would that have anything to do with the timing chain breaking? Sorry for the dumb question, not that educated on engines.
    I answered your question in your other thread

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    IIRC 2007 was metal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information