CANDooPro Announces Kawasaki Jet Ski Diagnostic support!

CANDooPro is pleased to announced the release of Kawasaki Jet Ski diagnostic support! Our system now includes diagnostic capability for all fuel injected Jet Ski Models, for a fraction of the price of the equivalent Factory Kawasaki tools.

The CANDooPro Kawasaki version will support the following Jet Ski models:

• 1999-2003 STX-1100 Ultra 130 DI (fuel injected)

• 2002-2012 STX-12F/STX-15F

• 2007-2012 Ultra LX/250X/250LX/260X/260LX/300X/300LX

The CANDooPro Kawasaki version provides the capabilities of both Kawasaki Factory tools that support the above models (KADIAG and KDS 3.0), including Engine Monitoring, Fault Reporting and clearing, and Activation of components. These features give either the DIY or Shop mechanic the ability to effectively troubleshoot and maintain all fuel injected Jet Ski models.

The CANDooPro Kawasaki version is available as a Unlimited Kawasaki stand-alone system for $349, which includes all cables, hardware, and software needed to work on the above models. It is also available as an Unlimited add-on to an existing CANDooPro Sea Doo Home or Shop version for $249, which includes the Kawasaki cables and software. You can also add the Kawasaki capability to an existing Yamaha version for the same $249 price.

To give you an idea of the overall capabilities of the system, we have placed sample screenshots on our website at http://www.candoopro.com/?kawasaki-screenshots,23

To order, please visit the PWCPerformance store at http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=166

If you have any questions , please feel free to PM me, or send a note to [email protected]

Banned User
    +1
    Can it program keys?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Can it program keys?
    No, not yet anyway.

The Kawi keys are different than the Sea Doo ones how they program them. The Sea Doo dealer tool (BUDS) is used for programming keys, and we replicate that functionality since it is part of the diagnostic tool. The Kawasaki dealer diagnostic tool (KDS 3.0) is not used for programming keys. Key programming on the Ultras is done by using a fairly cheap ($25) plug-in dongle, and you program in the new keys through the cluster. But is is really easy to mess up this process and ruin the ECM, if you don't do the steps perfectly right. We might replicate this dongle functionality, but we haven't decided if we would release it since the programming process is pretty stupid and prone to disaster if you don't do it exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Can it program keys?
    Keys are cheap to do, just did mine last weekend on my 2012 300LX. All you need is a key and:

(from pg 14-74 of the Service manual)
    Key Registration Unit: 57001-1582
    Key Registration Adapter: 57001-1746

The manual is self explanatory just be careful of the tricky words, it was easier for me to think of the word 'pre-registration' mode as 'programming mode' and 'registration mode' as 'save mode'

The other thing I noted to remember is to end programming mode with the 'new' key

Quote Originally Posted by CANDooPro View Post
    really easy to mess up this process and ruin the ECM, if you don't do the steps perfectly right. We might replicate this dongle functionality, but we haven't decided if we would release it since the programming process is pretty stupid and prone to disaster if you don't do it exactly right.
    I've done that a few times for myself and for my buddies using that $25 Kawi cable and NEVER ruined the ECM on any of the skis. This is my first time ever hearing that the programming process is prone to disaster. If you don't do it exactly right, the worst thing that can happen is that the copy is not made. Then, all you have to do is to follow the steps again until the copy is made. Never took more than 2 tries anyway and nothing got damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by meangreenman View Post
    I've done that a few times for myself and for my buddies using that $25 Kawi cable and NEVER ruined the ECM on any of the skis. This is my first time ever hearing that the programming process is prone to disaster. If you don't do it exactly right, the worst thing that can happen is that the copy is not made. Then, all you have to do is to follow the steps again until the copy is made. Never took more than 2 tries anyway and nothing got damaged.
    Thats exactly what happened for me, just started over.

do you plan on getting any other features to change timing and fuel??

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    exactly as advertised and a nice clean implementation. finally had to upgrade as I had a di ski here that was giving me fits with an intermittent check engine light. ran perfect, all sensors checked out to spec. turns out the cps was glitching internally and throwing an error that was long enough to be recorded, but the engine never seemed to miss a beat ( well when you have a plug firing a couple of thousand times a second....)

the new cables are top rate and they include cables for all configurations. Be warned that the late model skis require quite a few cables connected in order to keep the ecu awake.

no di/ultra owner should be without it, just takes a couple of events to recoup the price if you do your own work. Guessing on a di/ultra is not the way to do it, unless you have a parts boat and a whole lot of time..neither of which I have.

Thread Information