95 700 extremely high idle when choke fullly open

So a little background... Just bought this ski and rebuilt the carbs because the guy left gas in it all winter. Long story short is that now it starts np but When I try to open the choke all the way with the garden hose it will revv up very high. Now I have not put it in the water yet because wasn't sure if I trusted it yet. Could it be something wrong with the rebuild or a adjustment I can make. It also sounds like it almost has a random knock, weird but don't no what it could be. Keep in mind this is my first ski so start from the beginning. Thanks, Jason

Madison, WI, USA
    There should be an idle speed adjustment screw that holds the throttle open. unscrew it a bit. Make the final adjustment with the ski in the water

Ok I'll give it a try on land and see if it makes any difference and fine tube it in water. Do you no which screw it is by chance or where I can get a manual for it?

A child of five would understand this. Go get one. pierowman's Avatar
    Seattle, WA
    If the idle screw adjustment doesnt fix the issue. I would preform a leak down test, sounds like it could be a lean run away.

Thread Information