Installing free flow exhaust and 15/20r prop expectations?

I already have the 8350 vetch tune and 4inch flex intake. What should I expect from free flow exhaust and prop change from oem to 15/20r.

Thanks guys, performance has went way down with these 110 degree temps and warm water here in az.

+1
    What kind of ski is it? The free flow does nothing performance wise.

+1
    If your talking about a RXPX260, I gained 2.8 mph going from stock to my 15/20. The exhaust most likely wont give you any performance. I actually removed mine because the drone of a Free Flow is horrendous compared to a rear exhaust.

It's a 2012 rxpx and I just ordered the new riva REAR exhaust. I know I heard about the drone so passed on the elbow one.

How come no performance gain? There is less turbulence when eliminating the sound resonator.

Cool for the 15/20r though!

You got 75.8 with only those mods? That's exactly what i got. What's your air and water temps. Here in Arizona it's 110 air and 80 water

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by budman5201 View Post
    You got 75.8 with only those mods? That's exactly what i got. What's your air and water temps. Here in Arizona it's 110 air and 80 water
    The day I got it, it was around 88 degrees, water temp 74, and humidity at 85%. Right not with the warmer weather here I am getting around 73.5-74 consistently.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    The day I got it, it was around 88 degrees, water temp 74, and humidity at 85%. Right not with the warmer weather here I am getting around 73.5-74 consistently.
    any tips for installing 15/20r? did you use the solas nosecone or did you go commando? did you reuse the 3 bolts holding the impeller cover or did you replace as stated in the manual posted in the "how to" forum? thanks.

+1
    I used the Solas nose cone when I did my install. Wasn't hard at all and was my first time ever pulling a pump. 35 minutes including the removal of the iBR. I reused the bolts. The guide in the "how to" section was very helpful and it's actually easier on the 12px than the 10tx in the guide.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    I used the Solas nose cone when I did my install. Wasn't hard at all and was my first time ever pulling a pump. 35 minutes including the removal of the iBR. I reused the bolts. The guide in the "how to" section was very helpful and it's actually easier on the 12px than the 10tx in the guide.
    ok thanks. did you do anything special to the cone to keep it on there? red loctite, gall the threads, set overnight, etc.? i have long tool and prop coming this week . . . is it possible to install cone on prop before installing in pump with the long tool? ski is 100 miles away . . . would like to do on sat/sun and try out. thanks!!

+1
    I am pretty sure you could install the cone before installing the prop with the long tool (thats why its long right?). Also, I just blue loctited mine, ran out of red at the time. If I were you tho, I would do the thread gauging thing with a flat head, making 3 vertical lines down the cone threads and red loctite it. I got mine on there pretty good and it hasn't moved yet.

11. +1 by:

Thread Information