Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gas and oil are there some better than others ??

I just picked up a new to me ski 2000 xl 1200 ltd and the previous owner told me he was running 87 octane pump gas and walmart brand 2 stroke oil. Should I change to higher octane and a better brand of oil ?? What do I need to do with regards to ethenol in the gas is there a treatment to put in the gas tank or ?

Any help would be great I want to have as much of a reliable ski as possible.

Banned User
    +1
    Since you have no mods to raise compression 87 is whAt Yamaha recommends. Anything else you woul be wasting money. I wouldn't run Wally world oil in my weeds hacker.

+1
    I add this to every tank of gas I use. It goes a long way. I believe 1oz to 5 or 6 gallons

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/cont...3/123/lang,en/

i have been running 93 octane in my blaster and wr3 for years with quicksilver oil (from wally world, because its the cheapest i have found).

If I install a D plate is there any need to change the fuel octane ?? also has anyone found a better gas company to buy from with less ethenol etc ??

Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    D plate does nothing for compression, it allows to run synthetic if you want too! Save the extra monies on higher octane for more modifications or better oil!

If I do change to a better oil do I need to drain the oil tank or can I just start to add the better oil. Is it best to go with Yamalube or ??

Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    I'd eliminate heartaches down the road and switch to premix.

Quote Originally Posted by pokplalya22 View Post
    I add this to every tank of gas I use. It goes a long way. I believe 1oz to 5 or 6 gallons

http://mystarbrite.com/startron/cont...3/123/lang,en/
    This. And go premix and use a top quality oil like Klotz R50 or Amsoil's Dominator.

TcW3 oil is certified just like any other oil. What most people don't realize is, yamaha, or Mercury or Evinrude do NOT have their own refineries to make 2S oil. they buy it from someone else like Chevron, or Phillips Conoco. I believe at one time, the Phillips Injex Tw3c oil was the same as yamahalube because they made it for yamaha. On the gas, try to avoid Ethanol. Its garbage, and if you do need to use it, make sure you use some Seafoam, or Stabil marine ethanol treatment or starbrite ethanal treatment. It will help down the road

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information