Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lumberton, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    9

    CV to CDKII swap

    I recently purchased a set of 3 CDKII with fuel rails and the intake manifold. I am replacing the CV carbs which are a complete piece of crap. Is this a straight bolt on conversion or do I have to replace the jets. I also use a primer on my CV's for starting . I am going to add the primer fittings. I read on one post to leave on the Chokes? Please help if possible.

    Thanks


  2. #2

  3. #3
    Wise man! The CDKIIs you just pump the throttle and they prime themselves. No need for choke. Leave it on if you want. Your ski will run 5 times better. No need to change jets.

  4. #4
    I ran the main fuel line into one side and the reserve line into the other. The CDKIIs need 2 pulse lines also. Your performance will be a huge difference.

  5. #5
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,008
    +1
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Millah View Post
    I ran the main fuel line into one side and the reserve line into the other. The CDKIIs need 2 pulse lines also. Your performance will be a huge difference.
    So you think you're getting fuel into both lines or something? The fuel selector valve only allows one fuel pickup to flow at a time.

  6. #6
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258
    everyone hates the CV carb I don't get it. Only problem I have with them is when the primer floods them, pinning the throttle only floods them more and the very slight hisitation going from idle to floored.

  7. #7
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millah View Post
    I ran the main fuel line into one side and the reserve line into the other. The CDKIIs need 2 pulse lines also. Your performance will be a huge difference.
    So you think you're getting fuel into both lines or something? The fuel selector valve only allows one fuel pickup to flow at a time.
    Im thinking he's not using a fuel valve

  8. #8
    steve45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,008
    +1
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    everyone hates the CV carb I don't get it. Only problem I have with them is when the primer floods them, pinning the throttle only floods them more and the very slight hisitation going from idle to floored.
    Two of my 'Skis have them, and they work fine. I like the adjustments on the old carbs better, but I'm certainly not going to swap mine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Keihn CV to CDKII swap
    By njskidemon in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. Converting from CV carbs to CDKII for a 1998 STX1100
    By njskidemon in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2012, 10:32 PM
  3. Project 650 to 750 swap
    By cadillacroller2 in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-08-2009, 04:24 PM
  4. 650 to 750 swap
    By cadillacroller2 in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
  5. MSD to "stock" swap?
    By RayinJapan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2007, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •