Which RXT? Or maybe a GTR....

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at buying an RXT of some sort and I'm a little confused by the RXTs available. I'm not overly fussed on having suspension, with the extra cost, weight and complexity, so that means I'm more or less down to the RXT vs the RXT-X.

1) I'll be buying out in the Cayman Islands, where they have the RXT-X RS. Is there any significant difference between the RS and the standard RXT-X?

2) Do people who have the RXT-X rather than the regular RXT feel that the upgrade was particularly worth it? It doesn't sound like a massive upgrade to be honest, but I've never ridden either.

3) How does the GTR stand up against the RXT in terms of dealing with rough water? To be honest, I'm not in the slightest bit worried about straight line speed on smooth water - it's being able to keep going when it gets a bit rough that matters to me. The reason this is important to me is that they seem to love their endurance racing out there, and I can't help but think I might end up wanting to join in...

Fort Lauderdale, FL
    RXT is a better deal, the X adds the colors and the steering adjustments, if that's what you want then go for the X. I like the colors of the RXT because its like my GTR. The GTR is a good all around ski but if your ocean riding in chop then the S3 is way better so I heard (never rode a S3 ski). My GTR sucks when there's some chop and the splash deflector splashes the water right in your face...I would go RXT. The RS is the international model so it is not limited to 67/68 as the US one is. You might see a little higher top speed with it.

My RXt IS rides awesome in the chop and the ocean. I heard the GTR/GTI hull is not as good in the chop also. What are you going to use the ski for?

Thread Information