EPA is at it again. More ethanol mandates......

From the AMA:

Federal officials mandate consumers must buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain ethanol-blend pumps
    Contact your senators and your representative today!
    The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will require all consumers to buy at least four gallons of gasoline from certain gas pumps after the new E15 ethanol-gasoline blend is introduced into the market, the American Motorcyclist Association reports. The vast majority of motorcycles and all-terrain vehicles in use today are not designed to operate on E15 fuel.
    The EPA revealed the requirement to the AMA in a letter dated Aug. 1, responding to AMA concerns that E15 -- a gasoline formulation that contains up to 15 percent ethanol by volume could be put in motorcycle and ATV fuel tanks inadvertently when consumers use blender pumps. A blender pump dispenses different fuel blends through the same hose. ...

Besides the damage it causes it just plain makes no sense economically or environmentally. E10 has caused enough problems. E15 will be far worse. This is just nuts.

Please go the link and take action!

Tampa, Florida
    yep, on top of the fact that the EPA mandates how much ethanol must be produced. This mandate requires a large pecentage of the corn grown go to making ethanol. As a result there is a shortage of corn which is getting worse. There are reports that meat producers are going to be buying corn from brazil and other countries. Back here in US, our govt. subsidizes farmers not to grow and mandates things like ethanol production.

Cape May, NJ
    I already feel like I'm dumping poison in my ski now they want to make it worse. Talk about death to carburetors.

West Pam Beach FL
    Can we use racing fuel in our skis?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisherx75 View Post
    Can we use racing fuel in our skis?
    Of course - but it gets very expensive. But the smell of racing fuel and castor oil is worth it.

Nothing like the sound and smell of a modified triple piper running leaded racing fuel and castor oil!

Belvidere, IL.
    I just threw up in my mouth! Garbage. It's just another decrease in power and fuel economy. I just wanted to make sure I'm getting my monies worth.......

Thread Information