Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fuel Jug Rack for my 2009 FX

Got a 450 mile trip on the Ohio River planned for later this week and had local guy fab this up for me. Sits rock solid on the deck and holds 2 5 gal jugs like a glove. Always nice to have a lil fuel insurance. All aluminum with some stainless fasteners. Will have to take it to the powder coater after the trip.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0954.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	279796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0955.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	279797

Wow! That's impressive! Did you design it or did your fabricator do it? Where are you located in Ohio? If you don't mind, i'd like to have the guy make another one for me!
    i'm in central Ohio.
    Good luck on your river run--- great place to ride!

I'm in Coshocton, about 70 miles east of Columbus. Josh and I pretty much came up with the design together. I knew what I wanted and he knew how to make it work. All square tubing and he beveled all the cuts for weld penetration. I'll get some more pics after its powder coated as well.

River run is going to be a blast. My cousin and I have been planning it for several months now.

What model ski are you wanting to put it on? We pretty much custom made it to the 08-11 FX hulls, but it could be tweaked for other models most likely.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robash View Post
    I'm in Coshocton, about 70 miles east of Columbus. Josh and I pretty much came up with the design together. I knew what I wanted and he knew how to make it work. All square tubing and he beveled all the cuts for weld penetration. I'll get some more pics after its powder coated as well.

River run is going to be a blast. My cousin and I have been planning it for several months now.

What model ski are you wanting to put it on? We pretty much custom made it to the 08-11 FX hulls, but it could be tweaked for other models most likely.
    Coshocton is a nice area, stayed there a few years ago while on a motorcycle rode trip, really nice riding up in Amish country.....

Yes-- its a beautiful area!
    I'm in Columbus and have 2 '10 FXHO cruisers so your design would fit perfectly!
    Where are you going to/from on the river?

I'm in Coshocton, about 70 miles east of Columbus.
    Hey that looks great. It seems as if the containers fit perfectly. If it were me I'd buy a few more of the same shape as they can get lost or crack. Since you are in Coshocton, are you familiar with the 1950 109th train wreck? It left from where I'm at.

I sure am. My mom lived in that area when the train crashed at Lyon's Curve. They just tore the barn down not too long ago where they put the horses that survived the crash for a short time.

Quote Originally Posted by wengr View Post
    Hey that looks great. It seems as if the containers fit perfectly. If it were me I'd buy a few more of the same shape as they can get lost or crack. Since you are in Coshocton, are you familiar with the 1950 109th train wreck? It left from where I'm at.

I sure am. My mom lived in that area when the train crashed at Lyon's Curve. They just tore the barn down not too long ago where they put the horses that survived the crash for a short time.
    Wow small world. Some day I'll make a pilgrimage out there and see the site if that's possible. It was a tough time for us here, and we always appreciated all the assistance from the people of West Lafayette and Coshocton, etc.

Just finished up the 437 mile Ohio River trip yesterday. Rack performed very well. Rode in everything from glass to storm whipped 2' - 3' chop. Jugs never gave a hint of coming loose. Fit was so snug there was no need to bungie cord the jugs in.

+1
    Any damage to the traction mat on the back? Setup looks very well done, but my first thought thoughts when I saw it were how the aluminum welds would structurally hold up to that many flexes with the weight of two full cans, and whether the turnbuckle might work itself loose.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information