received supercharger back from dealer abit noisey asap

Hi i received my rebuilt 215 supercharger back from dealer that has rebuild alot and very rebitable dealer ,when i spun my unrebuilt supercharger i heard a spinning growl noise ,when i spin the rebuilt one by hane it is noisier than the unrebuilt one ,nothing is rubbing just sounds like bearing noise from spinning ,i called dealer and his mechanic spun shaft by hand also after he was done and said it was normal ,how much noise should come from a supercharger spun by hand after a rebuild ,,dont want to to remove it again ,mite take it back before i put it in

+1
    try putting oil on the bearings then spin it again. I have seen dealers rebuild chargers and they dont use a drop of oil on anything and you can def hear some bearing noise when spinning the shaft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cbprov View Post
    Hi i received my rebuilt 215 supercharger back from dealer that has rebuild alot and very rebitable dealer ,when i spun my unrebuilt supercharger i heard a spinning growl noise ,when i spin the rebuilt one by hane it is noisier than the unrebuilt one ,nothing is rubbing just sounds like bearing noise from spinning ,i called dealer and his mechanic spun shaft by hand also after he was done and said it was normal ,how much noise should come from a supercharger spun by hand after a rebuild ,,dont want to to remove it again ,mite take it back before i put it in
    As said add some oil, see if it quiets up. I always soak the bearings /clutch and gear in oil prior to installation.(put the charger inlet down, and fill the bearing area with oil, rotate the shaft to distribute the oil to the bearings. You don't want to put it in dry, it spinning fast the second you start and oil takes a bit to get to the deep bearings.

+1
    more than likely he dealer put everything together dry and your hearing the bearings on the races...Do like the guys said above,put the charger face down on the bench and poor oil into the back area and let it sit for a little bit so the oil gets to the front bearing...Once you feel it has sat enough take and spin it again,if the noise is the same,or worse then i would take that charger somewhere else and have them check it out..Scers are not complex BUT do have to be put together carefully,if your dealer skipped or short cutted anything you might have a ticking time bomb on your hands....it never hurts to get a second opinion....

Thread Information