Thread: WBII

WBII

Anyone know the stock carb settings? i have my high speed screws out 1/4 turn but its still rich. My seadoo runs with them at 0 turns is that normal for a yamaha as well?

+1
    Its not normal for a Yamaha to need to run zero turns. Typically the range is 3/8 to less than 2 turns, but I don't know the exact spec for your WBII. It would say in the service manual if you can find one.

I can't find a service manual what about the low speed idle screws, this machine takes off out of the hole perfect so i think ill leave those be. I just feel like im only getting about 6000rpm out of it and i know it should be higher

You need to jet down and restart on both skis, you want to be at about 1-1.5 turns out and if you are under 1, jet down, if over 3, jet up. Start there and lean it out a 1/4 at a time until it cleans up. If you keep leaning it out and dont get anything back then its probly time to look into carb rebuilds. Also, check your compression because that will make your ski impossible to tune and cause a bog under high load if it is getting tired.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCote View Post
    I can't find a service manual what about the low speed idle screws, this machine takes off out of the hole perfect so i think ill leave those be. I just feel like im only getting about 6000rpm out of it and i know it should be higher
    Are you using an aftermarket tach? You'll need to for the most accurate rpm reading. I think those 760 only rev up to 6350ish so you're not too far off.

No tach, my seadoo says around 7 and this wb2 doesn't sound like its quite there so the 6350 range sounds right...why so low? And I don't think re-jetting is the answer its bone stock I just think its a bit rich up top because it doesn't rev as high as the seadoo but if it only revs to 6350 then it sounds find but it just kinds sucks it doesn't rev higher lol

+1
    I'm just going by a service manual I have for the GP760. Different ski but the same engine. It says it makes it max horsepower at 6350 rpm

+1
    1996-1997 WAVE BLASTER 2

low 115 jet 1-3/4 (+-1/4) Front and rear
    High 1/2 (+-1/4) Front jet 137.5 Rear 135

I use the base jetting and it hits perfect on the East coast

FYI the fuel is crap for these carbs. I rebuild every season on the B2's

pat

Thread Information