Thread: Sell a Ski

Sell a Ski

I have a question about selling my ski

Should I do anything special before I let someone test drive? Some kind of paper work in case they wreck it or something

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisherx75 View Post

Should I do anything special before I let someone test drive? Some kind of paper work in case they wreck it or something
    That's an insurance policy question for your agent, provided you have a policy on the ski...

+1
    Sorry for the off topic question. But speaking of insurance, when the insurance company asks the following question how have most of you answered? How did it affect price?

"Has (or will) your craft be outfitted with any modifications designed to enhance the performance beyond the manufacturer's specifications?"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisshep83 View Post
    Sorry for the off topic question. But speaking of insurance, when the insurance company asks the following question how have most of you answered? How did it affect price?

"Has (or will) your craft be outfitted with any modifications designed to enhance the performance beyond the manufacturer's specifications?"
    I was never asked (Progressive), but I'm strictly stock. But, as a word of advice -as a nonpracticing, yet licensed agent - nothing but the truth. I suspect you'll either pay a higher premium or get told to shop elsewhere. But, file a claim on a "stock" policy for a "modded" ski and you run the risk of insurance fraud, felony conviction, fine, jail or all of the above...

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1

i wouldnt let anyone ride it until you had a verbal commitment that they wanted to buy it and a price was agreed upon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    i wouldnt let anyone ride it until you had a verbal commitment that they wanted to buy it and a price was agreed upon.
    And show you the $$$$ and let you hold it while they ride your ski. Oh yeah,, you wreck you own it. See ya.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    And show you the $$$$ and let you hold it while they ride your ski. Oh yeah,, you wreck you own it. See ya.
    +1 I want to have $$ in hand when they take it for a spin with understanding that if they damage it, its theirs. If they return it damage free and dont want it, I hand the $$ back. Keeps the tire kickers from taking joy rides on my expense of hauling it to the boat ramp/fuel/time. So far everyone who has handed me $$ to test drive have ended up taking them home. I do this with water toys and motorcycles. Sold a riding lawnmower, I let them test mow in my yard all they wanted without a deposit

+1
    I have a question about selling my ski ,Should I do anything special before I let someone test drive? Some kind of paper work in case they wreck it or something

+1 Every bike I have ever sold was either purchased right on the spot with cash or cash was handed over before the test ride. Nobody has ever asked for their money back, everything I sell is close to perfect

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    ypu take them for a ride. It's very very risky business to be giving test rides..waste of time and gas too. You'll get a dozen tire kickers who want to thrash your ski for a few minutes

insurance rates are based on horsepower plain and simple. My agent asked me about my boat length and the horsepower of the motor

Thread Information