help drive shaft oil leak

Looking for info, I have a 2005 gtx 4tec standard. there is oil leaking from the driveshaft just aft of the rubber boot with the bearing in it. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it?

looking at the parts breakdown I see a couple different seals but my concern is that I can"t find a seal for the cover to shaft adapter and if the boot is supposed to retain the oil my bearing is not a sealed bearing so oil can pass right through it. I have removed the shaft and the engine, the bearing spins free and appears to be fine and the boot is not torn or damaged in anyway. I have not removed the rear cover yet, I was hoping to not have to so I will appreciate any input and tips. Thanks. Tom

If your boot is not ripped you may need new o-rings on the inside of the bearing

3. +1 by:

Thanks, I am replacing those as well as the two on the slide ring that hides the circlip and the seal on the inside of the output adapter. Just want to make sure I am not missing something.

does anyone have part numbers or locations where these parts can be purchased? Need same bearing and bellow, or orings too, please pm me or text craig at b6785910212, thanks.

Savannah, GA
    You could look at this and it may help you.

Pittsburg, Texas Lake Bob Sandlin

Watercraft / SeaDoo / year / model / propulsion and pump sections

Thread Information