Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

What GPS do you guys reccomend?

But won't break the bank. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceg View Post
    But won't break the bank. lol
    If it's only about speed, I think most use the Etrex. It it's about travel on the water, Garmin GPS76 CSx. They're discontinued
    so you should be able to get a deal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    If it's only about speed, I think most use the Etrex. It it's about travel on the water, Garmin GPS76 CSx. They're discontinued
    so you should be able to get a deal.
    Yeah, I'm not concerned with speed. Just a reliable way to navigate the waters lol.

+1
    Then get the 76, if you can. The new model is the 78 (I think) and they don't give them away. I've had my 76 for about 4 years now and it's prob. got well over 400 hrs of abuse. By the way, or you on a 'Doo? I'm asking b/c SD got in bed w/Garmin a few years back and created an optional glove box lid that the handheld unit snaps in. I bought one and it's the best accessory I ever got for the bike.

BTW, from my website, here's a few place you can ride near your home (although I doubt I'm teaching you anything new...LOL): http://pwctrailfinder.com/LouisianaPWCTrailRides.html

All that routing was done via my 76...

5. +1 by:

+1
    Then get the 76, if you can. The new model is the 78 (I think) and they don't give them away. I've had my 76 for about 4 years now and it's prob. got well over 400 hrs of abuse. By the way, or you on a 'Doo? I'm asking b/c SD got in bed w/Garmin a few years back and created an optional glove box lid that the handheld unit snaps in. I bought one and it's the best accessory I ever got for the bike.

BTW, from my website, here's a few place you can ride near your home (although I doubt I'm teaching you anything new...LOL): http://pwctrailfinder.com/LouisianaPWCTrailRides.html

All that routing was done via my 76...
    haha, I want a GPS JUST so i can use some of the trails on that site

Banned User
    +1
    Gps map 72h will be the cheapest 76 can be had for 189 and are very good.

+1
    haha, I want a GPS JUST so i can use some of the trails on that site
    Ha! Great - that's what it's for. And I only meant that about the ones on that page. I also routed some trails in MS, AL and the FL panhandle. The rest have been submitted by other folks interested in PWC trail riding.

You are certainly welcome to email me via the address on the "About Us" page if you have any questions about the local trails. Quite a few of them are non-navigable right now due to the lily situation. And one, in particular, for 3 years now. But anytime you have a question regarding something on the site, please do not hesitate to contact me.

+1
    Ha! Great - that's what it's for. And I only meant that about the ones on that page. I also routed some trails in MS, AL and the FL panhandle. The rest have been submitted by other folks interested in PWC trail riding.

You are certainly welcome to email me via the address on the "About Us" page if you have any questions about the local trails. Quite a few of them are non-navigable right now due to the lily situation. And one, in particular, for 3 years now. But anytime you have a question regarding something on the site, please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Cool man, I appreciate it.
    I been wanting to go ride some different places, but I'm definitely not brave enough to venture too far without a GPS. Wayy too easy to get lost on the swamps haha

+1
    Is teh "Middle Marsh Loop" navigable right now? Looks like a fun first one to tackle.

+1
    Is teh "Middle Marsh Loop" navigable right now? Looks like a fun first one to tackle.
    Dicey, at best. I know the Little Marsh Loop is not - my last report (1 week ago) confirmed that the Turtle By. pipeline canal was blocked by a lily jam and a barge doing O&G work. As far as the Middle Marsh, if you have any problems it will be in the central part of By. Penchant up to the point where you make a sharp left to come north in Copasaw By. on your way to the GIWW. That area has been off/on for the last 4 weeks w/lily jams. It's likely to change every day.

I'm not trying to talk in code, but am explaining it the best way I can. Let me know if I confused you... lol. By the way, early in the route you will pass through the "dam" that was built to keep the Great Flood of 2012 out of Morgan City.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information