+1

300x with 5 hours and on it's way to shop again!

Ok first of all i'm not here to bash on the ski or kawasaki.. in fact for the time i had it going i love it.. so with that said let me get started and hopefully hearing this will give some opinions on the problem..

bought my NEW 2011 Ski 1 week and 5 days ago.. enjoyed for 3 days which was 5 hours run time on the ski..

the impeller nut backed off at 5 hours, took it to the dealer, 1 week and 2 days later ( today ) i picked my " supposedly " fixed ski up..

Got the ski home ( never putting it in the water ) and hooked it up to flush and start it and it's making a pretty harsh vibration STILL!! pretty well seemingly the same as it was when the impeller nut backed off to start with.. The dealer says they replaced the pump, impeller, shaft, housing etc etc.. cant recall if they replaced the bearing because i never got a reciept showing what was done.. so the only thing i can see it being is maybe they didnt replace the bearing?? Because i'm 99.9% sure the racket and vibration is coming from around the pump area because even the prop gets pretty warm in the little time i had it running... This is getting to be a bit much it was down for over a week for this, not to mention it being a 4 hour round trip for me that i have to do ALL over again in the morning.. If i can notice a vibration that bad then why didnt they? I'm really annoyed at the fact i just bought this thing and i'm getting jerked around by either the dealer, or a poor manufactured part or whatever it may be.. I paid my honest earned money now i think they need to make this right for their screw up whomever it may be.. dealer, kawasaki etc..

What gets me the most is the vibration would go away after about 3000 rpm which is as far is a revved it to just to try and figure out where it's coming from..
    which leads me to wonder is there's engine damage.. Not a happy camper right now! Anyways crap happens please give me your input guys...

+1
    Damn...Good luck getting it fixed.

I would suggest you take it to a different dealer even if you have to travel some distance. I'd also call Kawi and register your problems. We have a Ultra 300 in our group and even though he has not had your problems Kawi seems to be very attentive and responsive. If a dealer is not up to snuff they will get them technical assistance.

Your 300x is a fantastic ski. Don't loose the faith.

Banned User
    +1
    Have. You taken the ski back out and ran it ? Or is this just noise out of the water. The Kawi pumps are notorious for being loud out of the water but it doesn't do a darn thing. Go out and ride it if you have not. As warren pointed out its prob just lack of lube.

Update?

+1
    Hey guys i decided to put it in the water today to see what happens.. Glad i did instead of taking it on to the dealer.. When i flushed it yesterday it was making some pretty violent vibration... and it did a little for the first minute or two on the water at first then it just smoothed out.. everything as of right now is back to par and I am a very
    happy man right now haha...

once again guys thanks for the input... Looking forward to a big group of friends out on the lake this saturday if the weather holds up... Absolutly love the way the ski handles and is a rocket out of the hole!!

+1
    Hopefully this thread will be a good read for somone down the road that has the same problem... It's great to have a forum like this with guys that have been there and done that and share the info with a newbie like myself!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by tommydale View Post
    Hopefully this thread will be a good read for somone down the road that has the same problem... It's great to have a forum like this with guys that have been there and done that and share the info with a newbie like myself!
    Glad the ski is ok. It's a good reminder to keep a cool head and go step by strap. Have fun on the ski

Thread Information