Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1

Starter Gear Help

Which picture shows the correct installation of the starter drive gear... or does it matter. I noticed that the gear teeth are positioned the same no matter which way it is installed. The shop manual illustrations are not detailed enough.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	280020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	280021  

Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited View Post
    Which picture shows the correct installation of the starter drive gear... or does it matter. I noticed that the gear teeth are positioned the same no matter which way it is installed. The shop manual illustrations are not detailed enough.

Thanks!
    I think it's the picture on the right if I am facing my laptop screen I think with that picture, the way it's aimed at should be facing the block and starter. Here's an idea. Go to the online store and click on the OEM parts for your ski. I think that part will be under "Engine block and Ass cessories BTW, I don't even know which ski is that from since I think you owned a few I'll put 10 bucks on picture on the right

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks Jammer... I believe you are correct. I did take a look at the OEM parts breakdown, and though the illustration wasn't perfect, it was far better than the illustration in my service manual. And yes, it would suggest that the picture on the right is the correct way to install the gear. Anyway, I put it in and buttoned up the engine. I'll drop it in the hull on Monday and should be water testing Tuesday... taking the weekend off and going riding!

BTW, this is a customer's 03 GTX SC. All my stuff actually stayed running this year... so far!

Thanks Jammer... I believe you are correct. I did take a look at the OEM parts breakdown, and though the illustration wasn't perfect, it was far better than the illustration in my service manual. And yes, it would suggest that the picture on the right is the correct way to install the gear. Anyway, I put it in and buttoned up the engine. I'll drop it in the hull on Monday and should be water testing Tuesday... taking the weekend off and going riding!

BTW, this is a customer's 03 GTX SC. All my stuff actually stayed running this year... so far!
    I wish I could say the same thing for me, Brotha From 6:00 am-12:00 pm I am a Mechanic, That's my own Business. From 1:00 pm- 10:00pm I work for Santa Barbara County That's where the positive cash flow, retirement, Good benefits etc.etc. and paid Holidays. With all that said, My ski has not run for over 1 + year and is a ticking time bomb I order a lot of parts for my customers vehicles and Ranch heavy equipment. When I do, I always check the part to make sure I got the right thing, which leads me to the "NEW" parts diagram for all makes. It will actually tell you where they go Just in case you have a senior moment I also solved that problem by strapping a "GoPro" camera on my head and taping my wrenching moments If I have my "senior moment" I just play back the tape and ....Wala I also create a file and store it for the future I am glad I can help you by remembering some techniques from my experience. Hope all is well with you and Annette

I'm pretty sure the flat side goes towards the block or front

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1

Thanks!
    This is the correct pic!!!!

PERIOD!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	#1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	280215  

Quote Originally Posted by mitsakosgt View Post

PERIOD!!!
    Now, that he posted what ski it was a 2003 GTX SC You guys might be right He did checked it out, so I assumed that if the picture matched, then it must be OK. funny, I just checked the 2004 RXP, it's pic #2

PERIOD!!!
    I just checked it again on the ski that he was working on. I zoomed it "Ctrl" and + on keyboard, it's the same picture on the right.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    I just checked it again on the ski that he was working on. I zoomed it "Ctrl" and + on keyboard, it's the same picture on the right.
    Jammer,I am not here to fight with anyone,BUT I am working on these skis from 2002 when they first launched.The pic on the parts catalog is to see which gear is but not the correct installation.

10. +1 by:

Jammer,I am not here to fight with anyone,BUT I am working on these skis from 2002 when they first launched.The pic on the parts catalog is to see which gear is but not the correct installation.
    My Green Hulk Brother, I am not here to fight either We are here to help If you say you have experienced on this since 2002 then your da man. We are all Green Hulk members, we all learn from each other. We are stronger ass together. That's what makes Green Hulk....the elite ...BTW, what happens if Jeff turns on the ski with picture as stated on the online store ?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information