help im a noob 96 polaris 780 bogging

hi im new to this site looking for help on my polaris, ive looked at the other bogging problems people have had on this forum, any input would be greatly appreciated. ok so took it out today and i can get it to start great on the trailer but as soon as it is in the water it wont start on the trailer intill you get it level on the water as soon as it on a incline it wont run even with starting fluid, now as soon as it is in the water u can start it and idle it around but as soon as u give it any gas it bogs and dies gets to about 2500 rpm. SO i put the nose up to the dock and gave it some fuel and it reved up fine seemed to have full power, im pulling my hair out tryin to figure out what is wrong i checked the fuel filter and it looks fine and also looked into the carbs looks like it is getting fine spray in all three, again any responses will be greatly appriciated

+1
    What is your fuel pressure? Have you checked that your pulse line to the fuel pump is clear? Have you recently rebuilt your fuel pump? Sounds like a fuel delivery issue.... Also when you say you see a spray, is it down into the intake or up out of the carbs??

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    Have you checked for any wires that might be moving to the rear when inclined or when you accelerate?

If it won't run on starter fluid I am not sure it is fuel related. The only way I see incline AND accel being an issue is if something is moving to the rear in those conditions.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Water sloshing around in the bottom of the fuel tank?

Fuel sender broken or loose inside the tank?

thanks for the input guys, ok so i looked at the float and it looks good i have no warning lights or anything, so i talked to my brother who took out the ski last year (last time it was ran) and he said that it took on alot of water, so i opened up the brain? the box above the battery where all the wires go and found alot of water in there all the connections were rusted could this be the reason? maybe when its on a incline the water in there is making bad connections? let me know what u guys think, thanks for the replies i appreciate it.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Water in the electrical box will indeed cause problems.

Replace the rusted terminal board and clean up everything else. Get it well dried out.

When you put it it back together with a clean terminal board be sure to smear dielectric grease over both top and bottom terminal surfaces to protect eberything from corrosion.

Figure out why there was a lot of water inside the hull when your brother had it. If you have a leak, get it fixed.

Sooo...how much for the 780? stimpsonjcat's Avatar
    +1
    One of my electrical boxes, the gasket had clearly been installed wrong (sticking out the side) at one point.

But yes, I believe you have likely found your problem.

Thread Information