Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    What Jetski should I get?

    These two are about the same price, but I don't know which one I should buy.

    A 2000 GP1200R,
    or a
    2001 Seadoo GTX DI.

    If you didn't tell I am new to the whole Jetski scene and I need a CHEAP one. I would want the better one, but not sure which one is better. They are both in good condition, just not sure which one to get. Please help, THANKS!


  2. #2
    Mike's GPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Carol Stream, IL
    Posts
    2,044
    +1
    20
    Gp1200r!!!

  3. #3
    GP1200R all the way.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,049
    +1
    238
    Yamaha- tons of parts cheap and tons of info and help right here on this site

  5. #5
    NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    858
    +1
    33
    What kind of conditions do you plan on riding in?

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by dshann View Post
    If you didn't tell I am new to the whole Jetski scene and I need a CHEAP one. I would want the better one, but not sure which one is better. They are both in good condition, just not sure which one to get...
    Define cheap.

    Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to repair when it breaks?

    Cheap on fuel consumption?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Define cheap.

    Cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to repair when it breaks?

    Cheap on fuel consumption?
    Well they are both cheap, so I didn't know which one to get, and I mean money wise, they are both around the 2500 range. Also I will be riding in Flat water, a little choppy.

  8. #8
    Mike's GPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Carol Stream, IL
    Posts
    2,044
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by dshann View Post
    Well they are both cheap, so I didn't know which one to get, and I mean money wise, they are both around the 2500 range. Also I will be riding in Flat water, a little choppy.
    You can't go wrong with the GP1200R

  9. #9
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,593
    +1
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by dshann View Post
    Well they are both cheap, so I didn't know which one to get, and I mean money wise, they are both around the 2500 range. Also I will be riding in Flat water, a little choppy.
    That would be cheap to BUY.

    How much money do think you will be spending AFTER you buy the machine?

    Things that consume money;
    Initial repairs and upgrades right after purchase to ensure reliability and correct any defects you discover. Applies to the trailer too.

    Any required licenses or permits for trailer and watercraft.

    Liability insurance in case you hurt someone else or damage another boat.

    Fuel and oil consumption. These things burn fuel at a fair rate, money seems to disappear into the gas filler opening.

    Ongoing repairs and upgrades. Things do wear out and need replacement and/or you decide you want to upgrade. In general the older the machine is the greater the chances of things failing. When or how often this happens is hard to predict, as is the cost for each repair.

    A common enough story is that something breaks, and while working on the machine to repair the first problem other things are discovered that are about to fail or have already done so. You just need to be prepared to spend money and effort to maintain and repair the machine when issues arise.

    In return for paying the money out and keeping your watercraft fully operational, you get paid back in smiles and grins every time you are out on the water

  10. #10
    Mike's GPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Carol Stream, IL
    Posts
    2,044
    +1
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That would be cheap to BUY.

    How much money do think you will be spending AFTER you buy the machine?

    Things that consume money;
    Initial repairs and upgrades right after purchase to ensure reliability and correct any defects you discover. Applies to the trailer too.

    Any required licenses or permits for trailer and watercraft.

    Liability insurance in case you hurt someone else or damage another boat.

    Fuel and oil consumption. These things burn fuel at a fair rate, money seems to disappear into the gas filler opening.

    Ongoing repairs and upgrades. Things do wear out and need replacement and/or you decide you want to upgrade. In general the older the machine is the greater the chances of things failing. When or how often this happens is hard to predict, as is the cost for each repair.

    A common enough story is that something breaks, and while working on the machine to repair the first problem other things are discovered that are about to fail or have already done so. You just need to be prepared to spend money and effort to maintain and repair the machine when issues arise.

    In return for paying the money out and keeping your watercraft fully operational, you get paid back in smiles and grins every time you are out on the water
    I couldn't have said it better myself

  11. +1 by:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What Jetski should I get?
    By dshann in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 01:34 PM
  2. What propeller Should I Get?
    By scorp in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
  3. What Impellor should I get for a stock 05' RXT??
    By havoc in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 12:43 PM
  4. Hey guys what gps should I get??
    By two2curupt in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2006, 05:26 PM
  5. What battery should I get?
    By Yellow93 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •