Thread: ?

wetter is better

?

im rebuilding my 01 1200 pro, im wondering when i split the crank case and take the crank out with it fall apart or is it pressed together and i have nothin to worry about lst me no. and the cyl.'s are chiped the paint what kind of paint can i use to pre paint them like a high temp motor paint or that if u guys would let me no that would be great

+1
    It is pressed together and will come right out, check for the proper location and direction of the C clips and seals for proper installation.

Randy at Watcon has this awesome case paint, I can't remember who makes it but the color is killer and tough. I use it on my cylinders and cases, looks perfect.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisman01 View Post
    im rebuilding my 01 1200 pro, im wondering when i split the crank case and take the crank out with it fall apart or is it pressed together and i have nothin to worry about lst me no. and the cyl.'s are chiped the paint what kind of paint can i use to pre paint them like a high temp motor paint or that if u guys would let me no that would be great

You may have to use a rubber hammer to get the cases apart. The crank is 1 piece. High temp motor paint is fine. Just make you have a clean surface and use scotch brite pads to scuff up the old surface to make the paint stick better.
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 02-02-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: damn Al beat me to it while I was typing. That is right he never works. :)

wetter is better
    thanks guys ill let u no if i have any other ?'s im going to be postin pics of hte hole thing and my progress on the project section

I use this stuff works awsome.

Customizing brake calipers is a whole lot easier. You can brush on color with Dupli-Color® High Performance Caliper Paint Kit. The complete kit includes everything you need to add color and style to your brake calipers. Available in five colors. Caliper Paint Kit goes on with a brush, so there’s no need to remove the calipers before painting. Just mask with tape and brush on color. Everything you need is included; Caliper Cleaner, stir stick, paint brush, masking tape and complete instruction book. The Caliper Paint features Ceramic Resins for maximum heat dissipation. It won’t blister, flake, crack or peel.

colors are:
    BCP400 Red
    BCP401Yellow
    BCP402 Black Satin
    BCP403 Silver
    BCP404 Blue

+1
    oh yeah that is good stuff. 4stroker did'nt you paint the brake calipers on your pinto with that stuff. it came out awesome. you guys should see his car it runs on cooking oil that he gets from work out of the fryer. can't beat the price right?

wetter is better
    ok i got the case apart and the crank out, im wondering if u got to take the crankshanft collar off to get the seals off and the new ones back on and if u do how does it come off the book dident show me much

wetter is better
    cleaned up the cases and found a crack it dont look bad at all, i took it the dealer and he said it would be fine as long as i got the out side of it welded. but im just seein if any one had a bottom or the hole crank case for sale
    its for a 01 1200

wetter is better
    here is the case after it got welded
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	random pics 005.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	16303   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	random pics 006.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	2.87 MB 
ID:	16304  

Thread Information