Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Fuel range GP1300r vs GPRXP ? Which one will be faster?

Where I normally ride my new to me ported GPR , if I leave out with full tank of fuel and just cruise 50-70 mph with maybe 1 or 2 full throttle runs for under 1 min to get juices flowing, I usually have to reset fuel beeper when coming in the last couple miles. On new ( to me ) conversion ski will I be able to travel same distance at same speed without worrying about fuel ?

I'm getting pretty excited about getting the project in the water now that I've heard it fire up. Yesterday sent my jpipe to danny for innovate afr bung addition (didn't want to risk drilling my 06 manifold) and working on external IC bracket. Should be ready to put in water in week or so. Below is all the information from ad when I bought the gprxp I'm guessing it will be as fast or faster than my ported single pipe gpr

I know its just keyboard racing at this point till it is in water, but any idea on what top speed would be once its all tuned in? What are thoughts on the 15/26 prop and 90mm sho nozzle? Good starting point or should I go with less pitch and different nozzle?

HULL:
    This was DrewNJs old hull and was set up right.
    02’ Hull w/ narrower 04’ Seat
    New Pro Taper bars and risers, Oury grips
    New Holeshot kit (jetworks valve)
    Pump tunnel reinforced
    New Updated pump/Plate brackets
    New Pressure relief
    New Updated front grate bracket with rear drilled/tapped to M8
    Pump properly sealed and hull mildly trued/cleaned up
    New hydroturf with all holes blocked
    New Leo’s holeshot kit
    Versi Plug drainplugs
    05 rxt gas tank installed
    flat black painted fairings

PUMP:
    05+ Pump
    15/26 Dynafly
    2” extension
    1200 grate
    SHO steering nozzle custom bored to 90.5mm
    New Pressure relief
    cut metal trim tabs

new Hydrotoys conversion motor mounts
    new Addicted driveshaft
    new TDR waterbox
    all wiring, MPEM, and all electronics
    gauges and harness

ENGINE:
    Fully built by Nils Castillo- I have full receipts from Nils. roughly 20 hours on engine before it was installed. This is a similar engine that was in Jerry's Nilamonster. When this engine was built, Nils had used pretty much all new parts to build it- as seen on the reciept.
    Fully built Rude valvetrain
    JE forged 9.5:1 pistons
    Rotax Racing cam
    new crank
    lightweight Rude valvetrain w/ upgraded springs
    upgraded flywheel bolts
    oil jet
    fully ported cylinder head work
    Riva open loop cooling setup
    stock ECU, X-charger, 42
    bosch

rrfpr and innovate afr gauge
    External intercooler with dedicated water feed and dump

+1
    Funny looking at how deep I got into these jetskis in such a short amount of time. Only a few months ago I was dropped into a yamaha dealership and spied a 2011 VX cruiser. "that would be a fun ski to own" for the family, not too fast, not too slow but should be reliable and fun. Didn't pull the trigger because didn't want to spend 10k on impulse buy for a new ski. haha Somehow my path hit a major detour with recent addition of these 2 gpr's and have spent close to enough $$ ( and still spending ) to have gotten a new FZR haha
    My wife is proud of me for saving $$ and getting used skis instead of the new one I wanted. Haha if she only knew how much the parts really cost and everything isn't "uhmm about 15 bucks, honey" ( I have no clue how she got that idea that a candoo or rrfpr only costs about 20.00 ) If she ever questions me on it I'll inquire about her shoe budget. She has a walk in shoe closet that would make Imelda Marcos jealous so pwc parts are fair game

+1
    Tuned properly, the GPRXP will get way better fuel economy. It will also get better fuel economy than a RXP or RXPX with the same mods because of the hull design.

I would say the GPRXP will be faster, but it could be close. The GPRXP should run close to 85 if its properly set-up with an X-charger. Some of those tripple pipe GPR's are silly fast !!!!

What kind of pressure relief set-up are you running? Just want you to be safe and not get killed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vspec1 View Post
    What kind of pressure relief set-up are you running? Just want you to be safe and not get killed.
    My ski came with these little valves already on it from drewnj had installed when it was a 1390. I see everyone now is running big valves, what are they pump well valves? Do you know partnumber or where to buy them and I'll upgrade valves before hitting water.
    Safety first, would hate to get tossed off this thing and break a leg or worse
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120810_160317.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	280208

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1

Pump Relief

Here is a good pic of the type of valves we all run now. Some people run 1, sum 2, I run 3. Don't ask me why! 1 inch Brass Well Check Valves. You might have to at least upgrade the size of fitting in your pump and increase your hose size, in an effort to flow a little more volume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030175.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	280209  

+1
    I can do 55 miles, running 50-90mph most of the time and use about 10-12 gallons on my conversion. Once you get it running you are going to have to spend some time setting up the ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Here is a good pic of the type of valves we all run now. Some people run 1, sum 2, I run 3. Don't ask me why! 1 inch Brass Well Check Valves. You might have to at least upgrade the size of fitting in your pump and increase your hose size, in an effort to flow a little more volume.
    Off to lowes I go

How many gallons do you use in your bridge to bridge race? I suppose you have some sort of auxilary fuel tank?

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    My ski came with these little valves already on it from drewnj had installed when it was a 1390. I see everyone now is running big valves, what are they pump well valves? Do you know partnumber or where to buy them and I'll upgrade valves before hitting water.
    Safety first, would hate to get tossed off this thing and break a leg or worse

Name:	20120810_160317.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	280208
    I got three of these 1 inch valves for my conversion!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-CAMPBE...item4cffe3da8f

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP244 View Post
    Some people run 1, sum 2, I run 3. Don't ask me why! 1 inch Brass Well Check Valves.

Its easy for me to see whats going on. The guys running around 80 are using 1 80-87 seems like most run 2 . The guys running faster than 87 are running 3, so its obvious to me the more check valves you run, the faster you go.

If you add 4 more check valves no doubt you will be the first to average well over 100 in bridge to bridge run. I only ordered 2 because I'm not ready for the speed 3 or more would bring.

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	280237

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi8tor View Post
    Its easy for me to see whats going on. The guys running around 80 are using 1 80-87 seems like most run 2 . The guys running faster than 87 are running 3, so its obvious to me the more check valves you run, the faster you go.

If you add 4 more check valves no doubt you will be the first to average well over 100 in bridge to bridge run. I only ordered 2 because I'm not ready for the speed 3 or more would bring.

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	280237
    I am running 92.8 with two valves. I will go snap a picture just watching the race.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information