Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196

    Riva Intake Grate Issue Again!!!!!!!

    You have to be kidding me! This is the Second Riva Intake grate now that has broke on me! Yes all bolts were removed prior to pulling! They make this piece way to thin! Anyone else have this issue before. I know a few locals have
    .



  2. #2
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    Came off my TX.





    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	next 003.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	280085

  3. #3
    ou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside,ca
    Posts
    6,210
    +1
    198
    I had one and it broke once...... Once is all it took, never again will I use a Riva grate. It will break just where yours did and then it will look like the 2nd post. You'd be foolish to use another one.

  4. #4
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    Are these SS grates?

  5. #5
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    This grate is only probably 2 months old since i last replaced due to it being broken and 5 hours run time. No revisions on the grate. They have been told in the past to make it thicker there but refuse to. They dont think its a issue. With all the accidents lately I dont want to risk running it with just the two bolts. I;m sure it would probably be ok. But not worth it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	280088  

  6. #6
    Eastside Powersports Slow 91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    River Crew CT
    Posts
    4,248
    +1
    544
    damn...must be running a big boost charger!

  7. #7
    Kaybat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    1,735
    +1
    28
    that sucks,they should make a ss version

  8. #8
    DaveC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,362
    +1
    41
    When I had my '07 RXP and was using the Riva grate, I noticed during install that there was a gap between the center bolt hole on the grate and the plate mounting tab once the grate was installed. I believe that when mounting the Riva grate, it is possible to tighten the center bolt to a point that it causes it to crack and will ultimately break. I shimmed the area between the plate and the center hole of the grate and did not have any issues.




    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    This grate is only probably 2 months old since i last replaced due to it being broken and 5 hours run time. No revisions on the grate. They have been told in the past to make it thicker there but refuse to. They dont think its a issue. With all the accidents lately I dont want to risk running it with just the two bolts. I;m sure it would probably be ok. But not worth it!

  9. #9
    ADAMBOMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sunrise,Florida
    Posts
    4,723
    +1
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    When I had my '07 RXP and was using the Riva grate, I noticed during install that there was a gap between the center bolt hole on the grate and the plate mounting tab once the grate was installed. I believe that when mounting the Riva grate, it is possible to tighten the center bolt to a point that it causes it to crack and will ultimately break. I shimmed the area between the plate and the center hole of the grate and did not have any issues.
    I hear yea. I was thinking the same thing when i installed this one 2 months ago. I made sure it was flush and also not to over tighten do to what you just mentioned. It is super thin there.Thin like a penny!

  10. #10
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    You have to be kidding me! This is the Second Riva Intake grate now that has broke on me! Yes all bolts were removed prior to pulling! They make this piece way to thin! Anyone else have this issue before. I know a few locals have
    .

    What plate are you running? Modded stock or X? I'm assuming it ripped the inserts out of the shoe if modded stock 215? This usually doesnt happen with x plate unless you dont shim the gap between the grate and plate. That grate is designed for 215 and the center will not sit flush on the x plate and will crack when over tightened.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Install of riva intake grate On RXP
    By ADAMBOMB in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 04:37 PM
  2. Question on RIVA intake grate
    By MPower in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 01:20 PM
  3. Riva Intake Grates
    By bainer1290 in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 04:04 PM
  4. Just Bought the Riva Intake Grate, What Should I Expect?
    By Haislip in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 04:23 PM
  5. Lining up Riva Intake Grate
    By GreenMachine in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •