+1

Ultra-300x Spark Plugs, Grease for Boots and Anti-Sieze

1. I have been advised that the NGK # PMR9B Iridium Spark Plugs should not be re-gapped beyond what has been set by the NGK Manufacturing Process - even though the Kawasaki Manual defines the Gap sb = 0.024 ---> 0.028" Thoughts on this please?

2. I noticed grease on the outside of the spark plug boots - I am assuming so water will not "seep" by the boot and corrode the plug threads, is there a special type of grease that should be used, like that which is compatible with rubber and also is able to withstand higher temperatures?

3. I read that it is a good idea to add anti-sieze to the threads of the spark plugs. Should a torque specification (8.1 ---> 11 ft-lbs) be followed when re-tightening or just "snug" like most other Internal Combustion Engines?

4. In the Kawasaki Manual - at 25 hours, it defines "Clean and Gap" Spark Plugs A/R. Is there any reason why my "Mandatory 10-Hour" Kawasaki Dealership Service replaced the plugs at 22 dollars each?

Happy Friday !!!!!!!!

Banned User
    +1
    X2 on cr9s

And also on tightening. Install plug tighten until it bottoms out loosen then tighten 1/4 to 1/3 rd of a turn. Same same never had a seized plug. Uses dialectic grease on the. Boot keeps them from getting stuck.

+1
    vase works also on the boot

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    vase works also on the boot
    Yea but only you have gallons at your disposal

+1
    Many Thanks Guys - you are all GREAT Contributors.

Waz - what does "stuffed" mean, with relation to a spark plug... (oil fouled)?

What is the consensus on re-gapping these plugs, as I was advised not to touch them?

Corey, nice to see you are still with us here in the Kawi Section, and you haven't moved over to that "other section" to hang with your Buddy. What's the latest on a new ski for you? Are you planning to wait for the 2013's? Still planning to be on a Kawasaki? I know you like "Red" so maybe you should consider the VXR as they come in red. That way you could score some "real points" with your Yamaha Buddy if you bought that ski

+1
    Alot of members dont use the PMR9B cause of the cost, however they can be found on amamzon for 13.00 each compared to 28.00 each at the kawasaki dealer. I grease the boots with dialectric grease also and use anti seize on the spark pulg threads.

Hi you can get a four pack of these plugs at OReilly auto parts for $34.95 they will order and get the next day this is where I get mine save on shipping and get very fast hope you have Oreilly near you and

Thread Information