2004 GTX Supercharged ENGINE LIGHT ON

Gentlemen, First of all congrats to all of you for making this forum the absolutely best PWC forum there is.
    So, I got an 2004 GTX 4-TEC Supercharged a three weeks ago, the machine has 70.9 hours. The first time I had it out got the engine light on, after searching on the forum I got to find out how to get the error code which was P-0116, the Temp sensor. I have replaced the sensor and the same code appeared again.

I am thinking that the sensor was not the problem. I called the dealer to get an appointment and there will be 3 weeks before they can get me in. When I explained to the guy over the phone what my problem was he told me that it should just be the sensor and that I should disconnect the battery to clear the code. I think this is BS, as i believe that I have read here the code is to be clear when I changed the sensor and if it appears again is a new problem. The connections are fine no issues.

I then had a guy that if a former mechanic for the authorized dealer that has been decent to me, he had the ski out on the test tank and the lake and got the same code too. But he says that the engine is not overheating, however he told that he need to need to hook it up computer and flush out the codes that there was there, which he did. I had it out on the water again today and the same code come back. Obviously there is some thing else other than the Temp Sensor.

Can someone please share ideas on what could be possibly causing this issue?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Thanks!

+1
    sensor is on the exhaust or on the block. if exhaust, there are 3 tiny holes inside the j pipe that inject water into the hot exhaust gas to cool the exhaust. if the holes get clogged which they do, it can cause a hi temp alarm.
    pull the j pipe check all the water fittings , and check the 3 holes where the j pipe goes inside the exhaust water box.
    pull all you rwater hoses one by one and blow them out, flush them thru.
    be careful not to fill up the waterbox, aas if you over fill it you can backflush water up the exhaust and into the cylinders via exhaust valves, if you pop the j pipe out i dont think theres any way to flood the engine.

Thanks a lot Lextoy. I will try that. Cheers!

Thread Information